End of the Road
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Matt Eria

Matt Eria

Level : 1
Male Posts : 86

Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) Empty
PostSubject: Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )   Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:16 pm

Matt was standing just outside the Tomb that he’d been sent to. There was a valuable artifact inside – and Carmine thought it might be a Sphere. He tried to point out that other countries didn’t seem to have as good a grasp on sphere technology as Spira, so the odds of them actually having a Sphere there… was slim to none. But, unfortunately, he was not the boss unless he was out in the field, so she gave him one of those looks that told him he’d be cleaning if he didn’t go. So – he went! Galbadia was a region that was heavily militarized, capable of a lot of things. So what was happening that had so many people going missing in an old Tomb?

Yeah, there were some terrible sphere hunters out there – but out of all the people that had supposedly disappeared, not all of them were going to be terrible. What he’d heard about SeeD was that they were actually pretty boss – and several cadets had apparently washed out, here. Or at least, they would have, if anyone could find them.

He contented himself by looking over the front of the tomb from a distance - hunting for visible traps, or interesting dynamic entry points. There were several – but there was no indicator that there were any traps of any kind.

“I swear, Carmine, this is going to be one of these stupid It’s a birthday party sphere! or something equally as bad. If it’s a sphere at all.” He muttered, gently, as he started forward, boots making little noise in the brush leading towards the stone walkway.

He sighed, thoughtfully, popping his neck absently. There was apparently someone coming along for the ride - he'd been told that due to extenuating circumstances he was unable to operate alone. Despite his protestations, he'd been informed, not too kindly, that if he did not go with another individual, he'd be disallowed from the mission.

He'd considered throwing that threat in their face ( with a fireball! ) but had ultimately relented. So long as the other person was aware that if it was a Sphere, he would be taking it without any sort of argument.

So he waited, casually, at the doors to the tomb, for whoever was going to be joining him on this little treasure hunt.

( Wc - 403 )
Back to top Go down
Mark Illyria

Mark Illyria

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )   Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Current Event: Theft at the Kings Tomb
Current BGM:

It had been awhile since he had ran into John, but he had left long ago for money and adventures. Such was the nature of mercenaries, he was also, Mark was sure, looking for answers to his past and his own life. At the moment, Mark sensed nothing wrong with this new world at the moment. While he would be fine living on the busy streets of Midgar reading fates and tending gardens and traveling, he decided he couldn't let his sword arm go soft.

Which was why he was here in Galbadia, a highly militarized country helping clear an old tomb it seemed. The mission was an enigma actually. There was SeeD that seemed like they couldn't handle the mission and had lost several students. Then of course there were the common sell sword and adventurer rabble who in the hopes for money would attempt to brave the tomb for money and fame and glory. For Mark, it was simply training. So he took the job himself, the money and the experience would do him good. If he ever needed to intervene in something nasty he could actually stop it. In his state right now though, he wouldn't be able to stop the more powerful entities of Gaia.

In this mission it would seem that there would be someone tagging along as well. It didn't really bother Mark just as long as it was someone that didn't slow him down or cause any distraction or trouble. It was always good to have back up or someone watching your back, especially in places as dangerous as old tombs. Normally Voix du Ciel was his back up but it couldn't move itself or deflect moves by itself.

As he neared the tomb proper, his coat flapped in the wind and he looked upon the masked figure standing in front of the tomb. He looked capable, but he was not an easy read and the mask kind of made it hard to discern his nature. In a way this already put Mark on guard because he was used to reading people's natures from a single look. Whoever this was Mark could only hope that he would prove to be a valuable ally and not a foe. As he approached, he would nod towards the stranger, his normal intense expression unchanging and unfaltering, almost a bored look. His golden eyes would pierce as he looked at the masked man. The masked man would hear ringing as Voix du Ciel said its peace to Mark, causing Mark to nod and give a slight bow.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

"Good day...the name is Mark..."

WC:431
EXP:43

Back to top Go down
Matt Eria

Matt Eria

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )   Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:47 pm

There was a person approaching, so Matt did the courteous thing and turned to face him. The gentle nod the man gave him was returned - his mime's mask betraying absolutely nothing to the other man - but that was the point, of course. That, and the obvious need to keep his own identity a secret. He'd thought, in Midgar, it had been okay to do without in most places that weren't Spira... Bevelle had very few 'solid' relations with other countries, so he didn't think there were many spies among them. But when push came to shove, the mask was part of who he was... when he was working.

No one needed to know who Matt really was when he worked. It would never lead to anything positive. The little bow was a bit much - Matt didn't typically bow without the associated movements that indicated a Yevonite's standard prayer... so he simply gave him another small nod.

"Matt. I assume you and I are the pair they put together for this mission?" He asked, keeping his voice neutral - he didn't betray any of how that made him feel. After all - he only had to have a partner to enter. if something happened to the other guy while inside, Matt would do what he could, but he certainly wouldn't jeopardize the mission for him. His arms were crossed over the front of his chest, his own duster sweeping close to the ground.

For now, he'd just see how the other person handled himself. He doubted they would send someone through who was inept, because that would defeat the purpose of having two people on the mission, if only one of them was capable. So for now, he'd simply assume the other guy was capable. Taking a deep breath, he smiled at the other guy - something hidden by his mask, but hopefully not impossible to discern from the tone of his voice.

"So, do you have a combat specialization I should be aware of? I'm assuming there are dangers inside, which is why they forced us to work together - it's best to be aware of each other's capabilities." That, of course, being relative. Explaining the full scope of his power he wouldn't do, but he went with: "I prefer to focus on magic - though generally I only settle on one or the other." After all, if the other guy had nothing but offensive tactics, it might be better to provide help, rather than an extra sword arm.

Who knew? Maybe this might actually be a profitable venture.

"Though I will say up front, to make sure it is said: I came specifically because there is a possibility that the treasure is a Sphere. If that's the case, I'll be taking it. You can take the gil we find if it is a Sphere - but my primary focus is Sphere Hunting. Is that all right with you? If not, we'll have to work against one another, and I'd prefer not to do that if I can help it."

But he wouldn't hesitate.

( WC - 517 )
Back to top Go down
Mark Illyria

Mark Illyria

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )   Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:22 am

Current Event: Theft at the King's Tomb
Current BGM:

"Your assumption would be correct."

So his name was Matt, though Mark didn't trust that to be his real name. One who hid behind a mask often didn't want their real identity known in the first place. Mark would call him Matt though because he could not discern his real name. Besides, No Name used fake names all the time, so Mark was rather used to it. The sword would ring and announce it's presence to be known. After a couple moments of silence and Mark analyzing him, the man would speak again asking about his combat style.

It was an odd question for Mark, because his combat style was do what was necessary to survive. If there was need for support, he augmented himself and his allies, if there was an enemy, he would end them. He simply did what needed to be done.He supposed if it came down to class, that he was a spell sword. One could also say he was a knight with a magical sword. He would start to head inside once he mentioned magic. At that point it was decided.

"Ill take point then."

It was very much indicated that he would be the physical force while Matt would be the support either by long range distance or by healing. Mark would also do his best to protect and keep them alive as much as he could. Regardless of the mission, there was no need to die for some relic.

As they walked into the tomb he would listen to the man's words, hoping he didn't offend him, Mark wasn't into idle chit chat unless it was pleasantries or was important. Being alone for such a long time could do that, and seeing the visions he saw would make an ordinary man mad. The man would speak of something called a sphere and how it was important to him that they got the treasure. Mark would sigh inwardly.

If this guy gets me killed over some stone...

"I've not the slightest idea of what a sphere is...but if I did, I doubt I'd be able to use it anyways...If the sphere is what you desire, then by all means take it. You won't be offending me."

He hoped that those word would ease his partner's mind. He didn't want him thinking he was enemy. The sphere sounded rather intriguing though, it was at least worth asking about. But then again, perhaps observation was best- he didn't want the man thinking he was now interested in it. Like most things, the answers- he was sure- would be made plain soon enough. Mark would stop suddenly as Voix du Ciel would start ringing slightly. There was something nearby- though he had no idea what. Something ominous was deeper in the catacombs of the crypt. Could it be what was causing so much death and uproar?

At that point he would draw Voix du Ciel, and the blade would glimmer in the darkness. There was only one way to know for sure, and that was to continue onward.

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

"Something...doesn't want us here..."

TWC:937
EXP:93

Back to top Go down
Matt Eria

Matt Eria

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )   Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:39 am

At his decision to take point, Mark nodded, and called forth the Variable Blade. The shimmering lines that caused the black sword to form flickered a few seconds, until it was sturdy and in his grasp once again. Closing his eyes behind his mask, he shuffled his identity, and drew upon the sphere of the betrayer. The Black Mage guardian's memories filled him, and the Variable Blade reacted in kind - the sword dissolved in his grasp, and the lines returned, taking a different shape. A long rod, with the twisting snakes of a Caduceus at the top - save the fact that the snakes were intertwined, going at each other's throat.

The symbolism of the weapon wasn't beyond him.

If necessary, he'd bring up the healer - but for now, this was what would be necessary. Opening his eyes again, he was listening to the man explain the fact of not knowing what a Sphere was. Not entirely unusual, as they were usually only made in Spira... but he'd still wanted to make the point known.

After all, he didn't want the other guy to say he didn't warn him.

They moved forward, closer to the tomb, and the unease that pervaded the area wasn't lost on him. It was the stillness of a forest devoid of its animal life - dead due to predatory nature. The weapon the other man drew seemed to shimmer with its own internal light - not unusual, considering the way things worked in this world. He chose not to comment on it... any light source was good in this dim place, and he didn't necessarily want to conjure fire for the simple need of a light.

"No, I suppose it wouldn't." He said, quietly. Anything that guarded treasure probably didn't. Not to mention, the fact that it was probably a monster - from what he could tell, Monsters differed from Fiends in one simple way. Fiends used to be people before they were twisted. Monsters were simply wild beasts that needed putting down, not Sending.

Shaking his head, he crept forward behind him.

Glancing left and right, he noted the simple appearance of what looked to be a simple corridor - bloodstains on the wall. He made a quiet tsk noise. No, it seemed that people didn't come in here and just get drawn in to a peaceful sleep or something. It'd be nice, but 'nice' and 'reality' rarely met when it came to the dead.

An almost imperceptible skittering sounded down the hallway, beyond the scope of the shimmering light.

"Sounds as though we're expected."

( wc - 437
TWC - 1357 )
Back to top Go down
Mark Illyria

Mark Illyria

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )   Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Current Event: Theft at the Kings Tomb
Current BGM:

And it would seem they were expected. As Mark stepped forward a little more, his sword began to ring more urgently and the light grew a bit more to expose something quite fearsome. It had the head of a bull with large golden horns, it's eyes glowed red with fury and murder, it's body was that of a large man, muscular and brimming with power. It was covered in blood and had a shield on it's arm. In it's hands, a gleaming axe with blood dripping off of it.

It would roar, which would echo loudly off the corridor and begin to charge at the pair. Mark's eyes would remain expressionless, unflinching towards the beast. He would twirl his sword and run towards the monster as well. While it was big and gruesome it would not cause Mark to falter...he had dealt with worse...An image of fire brewed in his mind before he would push the memory back. His partner would see Mark suddenly drop and slide between the monster's legs before it brought down it's mighty ax. As he passed under the minotaur's legs he would slash at it's left leg causing it to roar in pain.

He would then roll forward onto his feet using his momentum and spin, his sword generating wind energy and then unleash a slash of sharp wind at the minotaur's back. It would leave a big gash on its back and the monster to roar again, causing it to turn around and rage at Mark- which was intentional. He wanted to draw attention away from Matt so he could unleash a barrage of attacks himself.

Unfortunately there was another factor that Mark did not count on. As he nimbly leaped backwards to dodge a swing of the minotaur's ax, he felt a brush of warm air and another presence behind him, luckily he had turned around and dodge rolled to the side quickly enough to evade the ax of another Minotaur. This one, as Mark quickly observed was much larger than the other one, it's horns were sanguine and much larger, it's body was that of a giant, and it had the same rage in it's eyes as it's smaller companion.

As it turned and swung it's axe down on Mark, he would utter a small prayer to Gaia for protection, and as he did he would bring up his sword horizontally. In almost an instant the ax would clash against a protective distortion around Mark and his sword. Mark would still struggle to hold up the ax from crushing and splitting in half, but his unbreakable blade and the Planet would not let it happen, causing the ground beneath Mark to crush as Mark stood against the monster's attack. He would eventually muster his strength and energy in his blade and push the axe back up, causing a slash of wind to hit the larger Minotaur in the face, the large minotaur would roar in agony as Mark would quickly run to avoid the smaller minotaur. As he continued his own assault he would hope his partner would keep up with his.

TWC:1454
EXP:145

Back to top Go down
Matt Eria

Matt Eria

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )   Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 3:25 am

When he heard scuttling, he thought of insects, or things with small claws, ready to bite, scratch, and rend his flesh. What he got? A freaking manbull. There wasn't much that prepared you for something like that - manbulls, after all, were not exactly 'native' to Spira. So he let himself be taken aback by the sheer... confusion of it. Behind his mask, his eyes were wide - but he afforded himself only a few seconds of that. In an instant, the other man was charging forward, in the manner of a knight or paladin - a skill that in his current mindset, felt foolish and strange.

Still, it was best if he was up front, and Matt himself was hidden in the back, where he could raise as much hell as possible, but his more fragile body would be able to remain out of range. The mage glowered a bit, looking for the best opportunity to attack - when Mark slipped under the minotaur, forcing its attention on him - and exposing his back to the masked mage. He smirked a little bit, glad to see that his companion was competent.

A sharp nod of his head, and fire began to flicker around the edge of his Rod. He let loose a burst of flame, hurling its way towards the manbull. His focus, however, was split between two things - the first was on its way to the bull's back, and the air behind it was compressing, sharply. The fire struck the compressed air, and the resounding explosion knocked the smaller bull forward - towards Mark, but severely off its footing.

The lack of stability was a good thing, however, as a larger minotaur crashed the party. What the hell was with the man-bulls? His movements changed, and he whipped his Rod up sharply, and a stalagmite of ice shot up from the floor, separating Mark and the minotaur, as Mark slashed its face, making a break for it. This was probably a good thing - there was a brilliant gleam from within the ice of his Blizzard spell. The refraction of light through the varied surfaces of the otherwise clear ice was a signal - and again, there was a sharp explosion of fire, sending shards of pointed ice into the Minotaur's torso.

He smirked a little bit from behind his mask.

His eyes narrowed, as he focused again, creating shards of ice in the air in front of the smaller monster's face, and using Aero to create a burst of twisting air. Twisting and cutting winds, coupled with the sharp piercing several-inch-thick shards of ice? It was quite the spell to lay on the thing.

Unfortunately for him, that was a bad thing. The battered manbull turned towards him - and though it was the smaller of the two, that did not stop it from bristling with strength and power. Even as it turned, energy seemed to wash from within it, drawn through its connection to the earth.

Bad.

He whipped his Rod forward, and smashed it against the ground. A whitewash of blue light slid over the floor - followed by a sheen of ice. It was a decent idea... but unfortunately it wasn't fast enough. The monster slammed into him with a lot more force than he was ready for. Matt went tumbling backwards, skidding along the floor, with a grunt. He rolled in the process, just barely avoiding the axe that followed up the full-body tackle.

Glowering, Matt pushed him back up, ignoring the searing pain in his abdomen as best he could. He was guessing there was at least one broken rib. There was the gentle thudding of his own heartbeat in his ears, as he stared down the manbull.

Hopefully, the other competitor in this little game could keep the other, larger creature distracted.

Once more, he cracked his rod on the ground, and sent ice along the ground before him, as if daring the creature to charge him a second time.

Back to top Go down
Mark Illyria

Mark Illyria

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )   Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 8:19 pm

Current Event: Theft at the King's Tomb
Current BGM:

It would then seem that his partner would unleash a bunch of spells at their enemy and he was smart about it too, using elements together to produce devastating results. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to spare him the rage of the smaller bull as it hit him. Luckily Mark's prayer to the Planet would help soften the blow of his hit too. Mark would focus on his target now, satisfied that he had helped protect his team mate. If they could keep their focus divided, the could defeat them.

Mark would quickly snap his fingers, and the world around him would seem to slow down. However, this was just an illusion, he was actually moving faster than everything else, as he had cast Haste on himself. He quickly ran towards the minotaur, who had raised its ax to swing at him. As it brought it down, Mark would move to the right slightly, running still, and then run up the wall next to him, his sword gleaming and unleash a devastating slash, causing part of the minotaur's horn to cleave right off. As Mark would land behind the bigger Minotaur he would quickly turn around and unleash a flurry of slashes at the minotaur's exposed back. He would then kick off the minotaur's back and do a flip back onto his feet.

As he landed his eyes would widen and he would lift his blade up in defense as the huge minotaur used it's immense strength to swing it's ax. Though his block would stop the ax from cleaving him in two, it sent Mark flying into the wall, the protection of the planet leaving a huge crater in the wall behind him. The minotaur would continue the attack though, forcing Mark through the wall into the room on the other side. Covered in dust and rubble Mark would use Voix du Ciel to to life himself back up, his eyes gleaming with annoyance. As he looked at the ragining bull man he would draw a card from seemingly no where and throw it at the bull. The Minotaur would be distracted seeing it as a threat while in actuality it was just a playing card with a Joker on it. As the monster would realize the folly, it would be too late as Mark leaped in the air and stabbed his blade clean through the monster's abdomen. It would release a horrifying roar as blood spewed everywhere. It would hit Mark back with it's arm in a bland rage, causing more blood to shoot from it's body as Mark held onto his blade and went flying. Though it hurt, Mark couldn't help but smirk in satisfaction of his really simple plans success.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )   Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark ) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theft at the King's Tomb ( Quest Line - tag, Mark )
Page 1 of 1