End of the Road
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxxxxxy

Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) Empty
PostSubject: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:09 pm

K138Y ran ahead of her guardian, Zolanius, to the entrance of the Tomb of the Unknown King. She was excited, very excited. Though part of that excitement did make her feel a little bad. She was supposed to be here as part of a quest for Galbadia who wanted her to investigate disappearances and gain information about an artifact in the tomb. K138Y should have been concerned about the missing people and been dedicated to the task at hand. But in all reality this little side trip was because there was a summon here. Part of the GF classification of summons that SeeD's perused. The Brothers where cousins of sorts of Cactuar, who K138Y had occasionally though of as her favorite summon so far. But that could really be due to the fact that she had collected him first. She began to imagine a scenario in which the two GF's were happy to see one another. The concept was silly, but maybe that's how things were. Couldn't know really.

The running stopped as she broke the treeline and laid eyes on the beauty of the ruins. Ruins and beauty seemed conflicting words to use in her mind but that was the case. The area held some level of history and resonated through it. K138Y's internal hud displayed what the tomb could have once looked like before being destroyed. The recreation wasn't a replica of what the area once was. But pieces of structure, such as a broken pillar, would reform into what they might have once looked like. K138Y decided to turn off the function as it took away from the resonating beauty.

She continued to walk towards the entrance, touching pretty much everything as she passed. Running her hand across the rivets of a pillar or sliding her hand up a railing that was so much more smoothed by age than it possibly could have been made by mankind. K138Y stepped into the poorly lit entrance where she waited for her guardian. The walls here were also smooth with age but also cracked and worn. Water ran down each side of the hallway, it appeared fresh which meant the tomb was an easily inhabitable environment for most creatures. There was also some greenery within the tomb, which also mean life since it was able to thrive and because it meant there were options for food. But based on the gunblade laying on the ground just down the hall it seemed that something living in here had something a little more carnivorous on the menu. K138Y moved just far enough into the tomb to reach the blade and picked it up. The thing separated into two pieces and the revolver end dropped into the flowing water, it was already gone. The base of the blade had something written on it. 'Student I.D. Number 29'. The tip of the blade was already missing. The quest had been clear that some students had gone missing, but finding the blade added a new level of realism to the whole thing.
K138Y shoved the blade base into a crack in the ground. Creating a sort of makeshift grave for the missing SeeD. She certainly didn't know he was dead, but it was seeming that way.

WCXP: 55
TOTAL: 55
Back to top Go down
Zolanius Thyre

Level : 5
Male Posts : 51

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 9:45 pm

"K! Stop going so f- Damn it all!" Zolanius, falling behind his eager summoner, was brandishing his blade in an attempt to clear out the foliage in his path. Being sent on a mission involving a tomb, Zola couldn't understand the apparent enthusiasm of his charge, but he wouldn't complain too much, since she was obviously having some sort of fun. And once he's clear of the trees, he sheathes his blade and immediately takes out his journal, writing down the details of the architecture and his thoughts, which weren't good. Granted, he reveled at the idea of plunging head first into ruins but it was more for the sake of treasure. If he weren't being paid, he wouldn't be here. Save for the fact that he was a guardian, and made a promise for this sort of thing.

Upon entering, he would see K138Y putting a blade in the ground with gunblade parts around her. A clue, perhaps? Or the remains of the last visitors here? Zolanius walked up to K138Y and placed his armored hand upon her shoulder, which was cold to the touch. "Hey, are you okay?" He would attempt to try to connect with her here, for they still only barely knew each other. Far be it to attempt a deep emotional connection to what most say as "machina" but she was something different. Something more than just a machine. The fact that she was making a grave marker showed a sense of mourning. A regular machine wouldn't have the capacity for such concepts, would it?

WC: 260
Back to top Go down
Maxxxxxy

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:20 am

"I'm fine. This SeeD just deserved a memorial. He died doing his job, trying to make a name for himself. Its a noble death, one that could be just around the corner for you and I. Would be rude not to at least acknowledge his passing life."

With her guardian now caught up K138Y stood and went to continue down the path. But she quickly stopped and moved back to the grave marker. She had almost forgotten to perform a sending. She did so now, moving with a graceful flow and allowing to spirits to pass on from the area. It was only one soul so the sending passed quickly and really K138Y had no way of knowing if it worked. It wasn't until afterwards that she considered that he may not have wanted a sending. The SeeD was unlikely from Spira and it could be considered rude of her to perform ritual that his religious preferences did not support. But...certainly he and his faith would understand that she had no other way to properly treat his death and avoid him becoming a fiend. With the sending over she continued down the hall.

This was the first time Zolanius and herself had done a mission alone together. Perhaps the only time they had ever been alone period. She had long desired to ask him about himself but as always never wanted to be rude by asking in front of others who he may not want to know his information. Now she had him alone and knew exactly what she wanted to ask first, though hoped he wouldn’t feel jumped with the question or required to answer.

“So Zola,” She tried out a nickname for her guardian that had been floating around in her head. Nicknames seemed to imply comradery and friendship. Or at least that was how she had interpreted it when Rena started calling her Ky. “if you don’t mind me asking. Why do you have so many scars covering your body? ” The question could be crossing the line into being too personal, they might not be close enough yet for him to reveal the secrets of his past. Especially if they were hard to re-live.

They reached the first point for a turn, left, right, or straight. There was blood that still glistened with moisture on the far wall to the right and straight seemed like a boring choice, so K138Y turned left. It probably wasn’t the right direction but running into a monster right while they were having a heart to heart didn't seem like the best idea. Instead it seemed better to explore the tomb more. Maybe they would even get the chance to garner helpful information, though for now it just seemed to lead down more tunnel.

WCXP: 48
Total: 388

Potential LPWC: 3857
Back to top Go down
Zolanius Thyre

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 3:16 am

Zolanius watched as she had doubled back for the sending ceremony, which felt a bit anti-climatic having only sent off one soul into whatever was on the other side. Still, it was quite a show, one that made him wonder. Are these routines programed? Did she learn them herself at some point before coming to this Gaia? Now that was a weird thing to think about. "This Gaia..." Zolanius muttered to himself, so he wouldn't disturb her ceremony. But the thought still lingered. He had thought of the concept of a multiverse, an all-encompassing theory that there were an infinite number of worlds focused on the outcomes of various events. Everything from the life and death of important figures in history, all the way down to the result of a flipped coin. Could this be the case? Had she really somehow stumbled upon this world with the several others that had crossed over? He needed to know, but had know way of knowing without asking anything personal.

Then she broke the ice with a personal question of her own, while traveling the road that appeared less traveled. She was right to do this, for his instincts as a blood mage told him that the far bloodier path was freshly painted. It still had the essence of life shimmering within the crimson streaks. Her question would involve his scars, which he didn't really attempt hiding, but he never made attempts to hide from his past. So what else was there to say but the truth?

"Well, a lot of these random ones were just from fights and accidents that I've stumbled into. The life of a merc is hardly a peaceful one." The Raven Shade was now becoming restless. Yes, he had nothing to hide, and didn't hide from his past. But, he still felt sorry. And regretted. And that was the font of which the Raven Shade drew its existence. The foggy creature would make itself known, not by just appearing, but a thin shroud of fog would cover Zolanius' being, and the same yellow glow as the Shade's would gleam from his eyes, then fade away. He had only mentioned the sloppy, jagged and curved markings on his body. "As for the others..." He'd speak while covering a single scar traveling straight down his chest. "You could say that the Raven Shade is responsible for those." That scar was one that was more obvious, another being an almost X-shaped scar over his heart, one that looked like a failed attempt at a slit throat, a few symmetrical cuts on his stomach, and more. "My Shade was born from these marks... More or less. As was my... Affinity, for Blood Magic... Which is taboo amongst mages."

WC: 456
Back to top Go down
Maxxxxxy

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:47 am

It was interesting to hear that the scars came from multiple places. Due to the number of them K138Y had assumed they all were from the same source. As Zola, who she was happy had not mentioned the nickname, explained each grouping of scars it was clear just how different they were by looks alone as she thought back on how they had looked during the blitzball game. Her programing was already filling in potential weapons for the causes of some of the scaring that he hadn’t been very detailed about. But K138Y found herself a little concerned when she turned around to find her guardians eyes glowing yellow and a dim black like fog covering his body. The effects quickly faded but her guardian seemed to have be a bit different emotionally. He clutched a hand to his chest as he reminisced the smaller and more plentiful scars.

As Zolanius observed that The Shade was responsible for the marks it made it sound as though he was a victim of the shade. Did he need saving? Could he be helped at all? How and when did The Shade cause such damages? But the questions were all quickly dissmissed as he explained the meaning, The Shade was a manifestation of the damages caused by the scars. It, more likely than not, meant that there was an emotional story behind the scars. K138Y moved to hug her guardian, opening her arms a little and reaching towards him just slightly. But she withdrew and turned back around to continue down the path. Her and Rena were on a hugging basis, but her and Zolanius had not quite gotten that far yet. At least...She didn’t think they had.

Zola didn’t touch on the story behind them or the depth of the emotions but he did segway into a new topic Blood Magic. Moogle searching had let her know the general idea and rarity of Blood Magic. But even on the ever knowing Moogle the amount of information was small. Since he had opened this topic up, and bottled up a bit about the previous one, it seemed fine to ask about a little. As K138Y dug into the subject their trail made a right with no other options provided.

“Speaking of Blood Magic, I would love to hear more about it. The amount of information out there is scarce. Why is it so taboo? With other lines of magic, even those considered taboo by others, there is usually a group who practices it anyways. Why is that not true with Blood Magic? Do you need to have blood involved in some way to perform any magic at all? Do you know magic outside of Blood Magic? What is-- Sorry, getting a little carried away.” K138Y had gone off on another of her rants. Though seemed to have caught herself this time and apologized accordingly.

WCXP: 50
Total: 438

Potential LPWC: 4349
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo

Male Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 6:56 am

Spoiler:

“Why so curious?” Lorenzo stepped out from around a corner behind them. “Robots, such as yourself, are sometimes equipped with onboard manadrives, yes… but it’s hard to imagine that any manadrive would be powerful enough for the blood rites. Also, you don’t have blood, which is sort of a requirement for the technique.” Lorenzo hadn’t exactly been following them, per se. But he had been hired by a concerned parent living in Deling City to investigate. It was a bit of an unusual story, really.

Essentially, Galbadian archeologists had been sent in to retrieve an artifact from within the Tomb of the Unknown king, a famous ruin in Galbadia. Why they had waited until no to go artifact hunting was a mystery to Lorenzo, but it didn’t matter. Anyway, when the archeologists did not return, police were sent to investigate. And when the police didn’t return, the Galbadian government hired SeeD from Galbadia Garden. And when the SeeD member didn’t return... well, the government was planning on hiring more SeeD. There was a concerned mother of a SeeD, frightened that her son might be chosen for this mission and die, like the other SeeD before him. This mother took it upon herself to hire an outside mercenary, to aid in the completion of the mission, and protect her son.

That explained why Lorenzo was here. But why were these two here? K138Y and Zolanius were a robotic summoner and her guardian, though they had been known to take mercenary jobs before. In fact, when last he saw them, they had just finished a mercenary job together… though… that mission was hardly routine, and had resulted in a lot of trauma for Lorenzo in particular. It would seem now, that the mother had hired him for no reason. Galbadia also seemed to hire some outside mercenaries of their own. There was no SeeD member here for Lorenzo to protect. Not that it mattered too much; he would still be paid for completion of the mission, regardless of who was accompanying him for the ride.

“You know, I did blood magic once. Accidentally, I mean. It is some dreadfully painful stuff. I wouldn’t want to use it at all if I could help it. Really not something I would suggest getting too terribly curious about, K138Y.” Lorenzo had made it a point of always referring to the robot by her full name, ever since learning it. There were two ways that she could look at that point. Either it was a sign of respect for the lady summoner, he was a rather religious man, after all (though he had mocked Yevonism openly before). Or alternatively, perhaps it was a racist issue, a refusal to get too familiar with the robot (though, considering the technological advances of Esthar, that didn’t seem likely either). Of course, the truth was nothing of the sort. It was her name. Simple as that. But no one else could really know what was going on Lorenzo’s mind. Nor could Lorenzo really understand what was going through anyone else’s mind.

“Though, perhaps Zolanius’ technique is not the same as what I have done. I stopped research into blood magic as soon as I realized it would not help me in my own goals. Doesn’t suit a man of the cloth.” He walked on in stride with them, not providing any explanation for how he had gotten there. Or any real greeting, for that matter. Just jumped in to the conversation, as if he had been there the entire time.

Spoiler:

[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Zolanius Thyre

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Ever the inquisitive one, K138Y was. A wealth of information on her own, but it flattered Zolanius when she had asked so many questions, and would be more than happy to share. It wasn't really going into his personal life now, just the way a particular school of magic would work. So smiled, and was in complete comfort. But as soon as he was going to address her curiosity, Lorenzo had appeared. Zolanius was surprised, definitely, but he shrugged it off. He knew that others might have been sent here, to this place, and there was no telling just how long he had been here. He could've been lost, as far as Zolanius was concerned. But it was no big deal. Zolanius would now be able to share with the both of them. Even if he's done a bit of Blood Magic himself, Lorenzo pointed out that he hadn't looked far into it.

"Doesn't suit, indeed..." He'd answer whilst walking. "You see, K, there are several means of usig magic. The concept of mana, chakra, chi, and any sort of variation of this power exists in most things. It's the force of life that allows us to be, and mages know of how to use this force most efficiently. And then there are Blood Mages..." He'd stop, and walk to an opposing wall that had a rather large stain of blood splashed along. He'd slide his fingers across and cover the tips of his fingers in the crimson fluid, and turns to them, holding it so they could see. "In the life blood of almost every living thing, there exists a rarely tapped and pure essence of the arcane, and only a select few can reach in and grasp it. It's considered taboo because it makes a mockery of life for most, and for others, it might be considered a sort of wickedness. Because it can virtually replace the need for mana entirely. Imagine the thought of somebody with power enough to fight on when they'd normally have no fight left?" He looks to K with a rather stern look, hoping to get a point across. "It'd be like using the very thing that makes you function, pulling it out of you, and weaponizing it. And the final reason why it's so rare, and considered a taboo, is because of it's uses." He then looks to Lorenzo with a nod. "As Lorenzo had mentioned, my technique is one such use. You know my sword technique well enough by now that you'd notice more grievous wounds. Ones that become rather messy, yeah?" He closes his eyes and focuses, and the blood on his fingers and upon the wall would shimmer with an aura of deep red and faded black streaks. These would appear to rise from the blood, and envelope Zola's body in an aura, as if it's being absorbed into him. With that, he opens his eyes and rubs the blood off onto his coat. "One of the more dark uses of Blood Magic. Tapping into the blood of another, and taking in the living essence of the subject... It's what... Well..."

He begins to stammer a bit, and his lack of focus become apparent by a look of sorrow and nervousness, and fear of judgement. "It's one of the more sadistic methods... And I find it necessary for survival... There probably are groups out there that can do a lot more, but they're likely in hiding, because of what they do, and how the world might view them. One other technique I'm able to use is using my own vitality... When I have nothing left to give, I can use my own blood. It's not often that I'd have to use it, but..." He rolls up his left sleeve, revealing one of the more "used" scars, making it apparent that he'd wound the same spot to use this technique. Then, rolling down, he'd continue. "There are also ways to use blood as ink for runes, or wicked contracts... If somebody had my blood, for example, and was an accomplished blood mage, they could create a tracker artifact that keeps an eye on me. They could curse me, and sap me of my strength... There's even mind control, and the contracts I mentioned, being 'written in blood', forcing a promise that cannot be broken at the threat of death. Really, there are few uses for it compared to magic as a whole, but Blood Magic is forbidden for enough reasons."

So, he had accidentally revealed that he didn't like being called "sadistic" or "masochistic" for using both his own and his enemy's blood, but he deeply regretted sticking to it. He did not want to be called such, and hoped that K would not judge him. If she were capable of judgement at all, this would be one of things he did not want to be called out on. His eyes glowed again, and the black fog would flow for only an instant. He was dwelling again, on hist past, and the Shade fed from it. He was uncomfortable now, not expecting his enthusiasm would turn on him like this.

WC: 860
Back to top Go down
Maxxxxxy

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:06 am

Lorenzo had nearly received a swift knock to the head when he popped around the upcoming corner. There was something in here murdering people and he was just going to pop up out of nowhere. He proceeded to address K138Y’s questions as if they had been asked to him. Clearly he had been eavesdropping, which she found quite rude. But he didn’t seem to see any issue as he joined them in walking down the hall as he spouted off a few answers. Seeming to imply that K138Y may have been interested in Blood Magic for her own purposes. With this third encounter with Lorenzo, K138Y was beginning to get the idea that he was a know-it-all. He just seemed to have input on everything, even when he wasn’t part of the conversation.

She was less concerned with most of what he said and strangely a bit more concerned with the way he used her full name. Not many people she knew did, and certainly not friends. Rena called her Ky and Zolanius referred to her as K. Did the full name mean that Lorenzo and herself were not friends? She supposed they hadn’t bonded much past fighting side by side twice now, that had to make them allies at least. Did that constitute a name change though? Apparently not. But maybe she was just overly concerned on the subject since she had already been thinking about her own name choices with Zola. Who did not seem to respond in any specific way to the shortening of the name, that seemed good. It meant he saw them as close enough for her to use the nickname.

His explanation of blood magic was much better than Lorenzos own. It involved a show with flare as well as a far more thorough explanation. Lorenzo could learn a lesson in presentation in information from this, he also hopefully learned that he was wrong that her having blood would be necessary as Zola proclaimed the ability to use others blood.. But the show came with quite a bit of emotion. More than K138Y expected from a question about a field of magic. She had expected as much from the scars, but not from the skills. This time she planned to actually go in for the hug. They were clearly friends and the show of emotions from her guardian had proven they were close enough for her to hug him.

Before she could act there was a plopping sound from behind the group. It was followed by several more identical ones. K138Y turned around to find slime fiends falling from the ceiling in droves. Before her eyes the number of the green slimes rapidly multiplied as they fell from the infinite looking darkness above. The wave of slimes came closer and closer until they were falling around K138Y and her companions. This three way split in the road they were at was perfect to potentially split them up as this nest of slimes was clearly too much to fight for the just the three of them, some of the slimes were even combining into larger and larger slimes. For K138Y there was nothing to do but get out of the general area. K138Y bolted right, back the direction Lorenzo had come from already. Her plan for the maze had been to go constantly left but the slimey sea was too much to make decisions like that during, you got what you got.

She only had to take a few steps before hearing the stomping of hooves and deep breathing. From the direction of straight in the fork came K138Y’s true target in the ruins, the GF. In a purple flash the red eyed brothers charged down the hallway and through the mob of slimes. They didn’t stop, simply trampled all of the slimes that couldn’t make their way back to the nest above and kept moving. Here one moment gone the next. Something was wrong with them, they seemed crazed. All K138Y could think was that they needed to get out of the maze. Clearly Lorenzo had already been in the direction she had started in, so instead she took the opportunity of the cleared hallway to run across to the left, shouting to her allies.

“We need to get out of this area before the slimes start dropping again, theres no telling how many are up there! Plus the brothers might loop back around.” That wasn’t exactly a bad thing, but the in their enraged raged state the GF pair had just taken down a mob of slimes without batting an eyelash. K38Y may have wanted the GF, but sacrificing her guardian and ally to slimes and crazed summons wasn’t the way to go about it. Maybe if she was alone she could try to throw her own life on the line to try and knock some sense into the GF. She had previously wanted to use Cactuar if she would be forced to fight The Brothers. But Cactuar didn’t have much more in him that showing up, making a few gestures, and blasting the area with thousands of needles. Ifrit or Bahamut however could try and derail the charge, they could stay and try to actually fight The Brothers. The idea of one of them reaching a massive hand out to grab one of the minoutars was an epic visionary. But the truth of the matter was that one of her Aeons probably would still be nothing to the GF in their raging state. A line of every summon she had though….there was potential there. Each of the Aeons could be quickly summoned and hold their own for at least a little while. While her only GF cactuar could protect her with his own health and be summoned onto the field for a devastating attack over and over again.

WCXP: 100
Total: 350

Potential LPWC: 3495
Back to top Go down
Zolanius Thyre

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04, 2013 12:03 pm

As soon as the slimes would drop, the Raven Shade would appear to cover a flank, screeching and shouting an ethereal battle cry. Zolanius has fought against slimes before, but he would not do well, considering his magical repertoire was actually lacking. To his understanding, he needed elemental magics, but all he had so far was Drain. So he felt that perhaps K, Lorenzo and himself could fight them off, until they began to accumulate in number. It was probably a good idea to split up for the time being, and attempt to regroup. But there were so many corridors and bends that Zolanius had no way of knowing where to go. But he had an idea. He was still sharing a mental link with the Raven Shade, so they could act as a single unit in two places at once. Zolanius would head down one corridor, and the Shade would fly down another. The Shade had a constant feed of info going towards Zolanius, and he could already tell where the Shade had been, because of the trail of fog that it'd leave in its wake. Even the Brothers, as much as they're rampaging, wouldn't dispel the mist, only move through it. Thankfully the Shade was agile enough to dodge their charges, and Zolanius already knew where they'd be going. And in the marathon of running from Slimes and avoiding being trampled, Zolanius would hear K. "Do we leave? Or do we head deeper!? I can't keep moving like this forever!" Though in reality, he probably could, since he's able to borrow energy from the Shade. But then, that boost would probably backfire after only so long.

WC: 278
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)   Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Theft at the King’s Tomb [QUEST] (Zolanius, Lorenzo, SquallDM)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
End of the Road :: The South :: Galbadia Region-
Jump to: