End of the Road
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Exp/Gil Related Abilities

Go down 
+3
Asher Gheri
Maxxxxxy
Lorenzo
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Matt Eria

Matt Eria

Level : 1
Male Posts : 86

Exp/Gil Related Abilities - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exp/Gil Related Abilities   Exp/Gil Related Abilities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:12 am

Except it hasn't. The only "pre-existing call" that has been made is Mal approving the ability.
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
MAL

PostSubject: Re: Exp/Gil Related Abilities   Exp/Gil Related Abilities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 7:39 pm

At this point I'm going to raise the reasons why I accepted this system of abilities

• As I discussed with Ven he will need to do a quest to obtain each sphere with a minimum of 5k words per quest, a count that will increase as his character earns more spheres.
  • The Dress sphere system is a pre-existing concept within the FF universe, and this is more or less the same minus the fancy dress and MINUS the ability to use cross class powers.
  • And finally, gaining class evolution with this power is going to be nigh on impossible (unless Ven goes into like a plot quest or something and we all know how long those are).

As far as I'm concerned there is no problem with this ability yet. Be sure that each ability that chains with this system will be discussed between myself and Ven prior to its acceptance. But for now I consider this topic closed. Also Xeko, Ven is right, there is no call except my call. One of the first things I said when making this board was that no one within it has authority or power, keep that in mind as you discuss things.
Back to top Go down
https://theroadends.forumotion.com
Celt Amuruaien

PostSubject: Re: Exp/Gil Related Abilities   Exp/Gil Related Abilities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 6:55 pm

Alright, going to start adding my thoughts to these threads, now. I was discussing this with Mal earlier and explained to him the one concern that I had with this, which he has addressed by saying that the Combat Ability that allows Matt his dresspheres has to be constant across all classes that he obtains, so they ALL have one ability set taken, regardless.

Now, the reason as to why I have no further issues than the one that Mal has already addressed to me is because this isn't giving Matt a discount. In fact, it's actually making it harder for him to keep up with every other character on the site. Since he needs to spread his acquired combat abilities out over every class he obtains his versatility makes his overall character growth slower than others.

Of course, you could argue that he could just mass-boost one class and then move onto another, but what would be the point in that? He'd basically be gimping himself if he wasn't keeping his ability gains spread out over all of his classes as it wouldn't be playing to the strengths of the character for him to do that.
Back to top Go down
Matt Eria

Matt Eria

Level : 1
Male Posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Exp/Gil Related Abilities   Exp/Gil Related Abilities - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:03 pm

I learned this the hard way, Ruien. After making Matt, to get a better feel for the dresspheres, I downloaded a copy of FFX-2. I've mastered Black Mage, White Mage and fuck all else. ( Thief takes ages and ages and ages. ) Now if I step out of BM / WM to learn any other skills, I just get my ass -kicked.- It sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exp/Gil Related Abilities   Exp/Gil Related Abilities - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exp/Gil Related Abilities
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2