End of the Road
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character Review: Celt Amuruaien

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Celt Amuruaien

Character Review: Celt Amuruaien Empty
PostSubject: Character Review: Celt Amuruaien   Character Review: Celt Amuruaien I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 8:00 pm

Okay, in the same kind of idea that Xeko had for Lorenzo I'm submitting Celt for review for other people to decide whether or not he's overpowered. Now, I realise that due to my own laziness in the past there isn't a great deal to review about Celt, so in an effort to remedy that I'm also going to be putting forward a few combat abilities I have in mind for later on. Make no mistake, though, I will eventually get around to reviewing what I can of our roster and putting forward my own thoughts as to what could be considered overpowered.

I feel it necessary to note that Celt's build is very much focused around "high-risk, high-reward" he'll pretty much need to be sat at critical HP levels to make the most out of his combat abilities.

Blight: Origin Strain - Well, honestly I'm not sure about this one. It's really the only combat ability that he has which doesn't fall under his "high-risk, high-reward" build. I'm not entirely sure that to say about it, myself. Since it's focused largely on PvE, and more specifically enemies infected with The Blight, and their Manifest versions. Other than a hefty damage increase against Blighted Monsters I don't think there's too much more to be said about it.

Minus Strike - A combat ability taken directly from the FF series, quite simply exactly as it is in the game, it deals damage to a single target equalling the difference between Celt's current HP and his max HP. Has an MP cost of 25 and requires a high HP stat and for Celt to be sitting at low HP to be effective.
Level 2: Negative Strike - a direct upgrade, deals damage equal to the difference between Celt's current HP and his max HP + an additional 20% damage to a single enemy, no MP cost as of yet since it's not been officially created.
Level 3: Negative Blast - Deals damage equal to the difference between Celt's current HP and his max HP to all enemies. No MP cost yet, since yet again it's not been officially created.

I MIGHT Break a Sweat! - when Celt's HP falls to 25% or lower all of his stats get a 50% increase for as long as his HP remains at 25% of its max value or lower. Now, here's where we start getting into what Celt's build is (going to be) all about, "high-risk, high-reward" most of his combat abilities are going to revolve around him sitting at critical health. There isn't a huge amount else to say, since it only affects his raw stats all the boosts he does get are pretty nominal.
Level 2: This is Getting GOOD! - when Celt's HP falls to 20% or lower all of his stats get a 75% increase for as long as his HP remains as such. To note, this will NOT be stacking with the level one variant, when his HP is decreased to 20% after being within the region for the level one ability, the 75% REPLACES the previous 50% increase.
Level 3: NOW We're Having Fun! - when Celt's HP falls to 15% or lower all of his stats get a 100% increase for as long as his HP remains as such. Same as the last variant, the 100% will REPLACE any existing boosts from the level 1, and/or 2 variant depending on which was active beforehand.
Note: Celt doesn't HAVE to have met the requirements of the level 1 and 2 variants of this ability to get the 100% increase from his level 3 ability, so if he drops straight to 15% or lower HP from 100% HP the boosts from "NOW We're Having Fun!" will be immediately applied.

Not yet named - A simple idea that gives Celt an innate damage reduction across the board when his HP hits a certain percentage -Likely around about 25% or so- at level one he will gain a permanent 5% reduction to all damage as long as his HP remains at 25% or lower of its max value
Level 2 - Same HP percentage, only this increases the damage reduction to 10%
Level 3 - Same HP percentage, only this increases the damage reduction to 15%
Note: levels won't be stacking, each level will replace the last.

Final Attack - Taken directly from FF7; when Celt's HP hits 0 he has one more round to do with as he sees fit. Note: While he CAN heal himself if possible, if he is attacked before his round comes up and is thus placed in a negative HP value, Celt must be able to restore his HP above 0 in order for the fight to continue as if he hadn't dropped to 0 HP. This effect can only take place once per battle, if Celt manages to reduce his enemy/enemies to 0HP within his final round, the battle is considered a draw.
[Nothing in mind for level 2 or 3 variations, yet.]

That is, so far about all I've really got for him. Like I said, I'm putting this up to let him be reviewed by people before he gets to that stage so that they can decide whether or not what I have so far is too much. Throw all your feedback at me, thoughts, concerns, etc. And I'll take it all into consideration as I continue building him. I'll also likely put him up for review again once he's grown a bit more, but go ahead, have at him.
Back to top Go down
Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart

Level : 10
Male Posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Character Review: Celt Amuruaien   Character Review: Celt Amuruaien I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:51 pm

Alright, took me a while to respond.
Minus Strike Tree - It really doesn't seems to me that there's anything wrong with this Tree, after all, you are taking big risks to deal great damage. HOWEVER, as your character progresses, the damage can get insane (depending on your HP) and I would suggest putting a cap on it. Maybe, Level 1 5k max, Level 2 10k max, Level 3 15k max, I don't know, a cap seems to be something that might make this a little bit less crazy.

The Damage Reduction tree, I don't see any problems at all either.
The Final Attack one, I have a bit of a problem with it being a Level 1 CA, not that is too powerful, but for a CA 1 I think there should be more drawbacks.

Back to top Go down
Celt Amuruaien

PostSubject: Re: Character Review: Celt Amuruaien   Character Review: Celt Amuruaien I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 6:48 pm

With Minus Strike and all it's variants you need to remember that it really doesn't start paying for itself until MUCH higher levels, not only that, but I've pretty much also got to go through 2, likely lengthy quests to get both Break HP, and Break Damage Limits in order to really make the tree shine.

Not to mention that, ultimately the rest of his stats and even his weapon are inevitably going to suffer as more, and more of his stat points are put into his HP to not only maximise the strength of Minus Strike, but to also drive up the HP total that his passives occur at. While, yes, eventually it will be able to deal huge damage, it's far from easy winning. As everything else outside of him being in critical HP will suffer.
Back to top Go down
Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart

Level : 10
Male Posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Character Review: Celt Amuruaien   Character Review: Celt Amuruaien I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Well, I wasn't aware there was still a damage cap (I think I missed that on the site guidebook) and while that's true, I still think a limit on the damage potential would be necessary, but probably not the 5/10/15 limit suggested.
Back to top Go down
Lorenzo

Male Posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Character Review: Celt Amuruaien   Character Review: Celt Amuruaien I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 2:11 am

Well, I am pretty sure we still have a 99999 hard limit. But, I could be wrong about that. If am I wrong, than we still have a 133000 limit, because that's the absolute most HP/MP points you can ever get through leveling up to level 100, give or take 50-100 depending on your class... of course, someone could put all of their weapon upgrades into HP... so.. 136025 is the actual maximum possible (keeping in mind that you'll have literally creation-level MP if you do that). So, while the 9999 limit IS still a thing, it's not like we don't have limitations in place beyond that anyway.

No, my biggest concern with the Negative Strike tree is the MP cost. 25 MP is really low, even if we do get rid of MP regen. True, I imagine you'll be spouting a lot of points into HP instead of MP, so I don't expect you'll have all that much MP to begin with, but even so... 25 is... really not a significant number at all.

My second concern is the level 2. Does an additional 20%. Is that 20% of your total HP, or of the damage dealt? Because if it's 20% of your HP, then at higher levels you're dealing massive amounts of damage, even at full health. I'd almost feel more comfortable if it were given flat attack damage. Like whatever amount it is for HP difference, plus your strength stat and weapon bonuses. Instead of the 20%, because 20% is a variable amount, and makes calculation confusing, and depending on what the 20% is actually referring to, that could be abused, as well.

Also, fun fact, if you're putting all of your points into one stat (either HP or MP), you'll reach 9999 at level 26. If you're splitting them equally, as I am, you'll reach max in both by level 36.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Character Review: Celt Amuruaien   Character Review: Celt Amuruaien I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Character Review: Celt Amuruaien
Page 1 of 1