End of the Road
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Saeko

Saeko

Female Posts : 5

Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone) Empty
PostSubject: Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)   Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 4:17 pm

The soft foot falls and rises over the sand made it seem almost peaceful in a way. This place had felt abandoned after the years had passed by after she started her pilgrimage. She'd seen more than her share of things, and have lost a lot, peoples that she felt she could actually feel for. Other than the Blight trying to destroy everything that she had left. But today, it felt different. Like she woke up determined to be the Summoner she was set off to be in the first place.

Wrapping her obi around her waist was that final nail, the look of no return. She was not only a summoner again, but she was going to journey out of this place, and continue on with her original goal. It was the reason why this poison ran through her veins. She wanted very much to destroy said evil. Even if not all parts of her felt that way. It was ingrained in her since her father had become a Summoner. You know the life style. The more she realized that, the more it seemed impossible to rid her of it.

And the only thing she thought about was defeating Sin. And getting enough power and aeons to be able to do so. This was her goal. This was the "summoners' goal. Her father had given his life, and just like his, she would do the same. She still there to defeat Sin. She knew there were others capable of this feat but she wanted to be one.

Yuna stopped and looked up at the temple. She had arrived without the current knowledge of actually being there. "If you keep up with all this day dreaming, you're going to lose you're mind." Yuna heard the Blight speak up without turn. She scowled slightly. Djose looked blank. No one was milling about like they do. It was as if everyone had died off. Except for the pick pocketing animals. Djose temple looked like it was abandoned. But that didn't mean she could not go. Pushing through the doors to the temple, Yuna peeked her head in around the corner. She could hear faint voices, it must be the Practitioner of the Temple. There had to be Yevonites inside. Yuna hoped they had forgotten her, and she could get passed them with ease. And she really hoped the Blight wouldn't rear it's ugly head inside either.

She could see the stairs leading to the chamber. Slipping inside her wary eyes looked in each corner. What kind of trials would this make? She had already gotten two, and each time they proved more challenging. Yuna held her fingertips around her magical staff, and let out a deep sigh. The Blight for now was just watching. She was afraid of why it was gaining strength... But she couldn't allow those thoughts to deter her. She had her mission. Before entering the trials she glanced back. She didn't know if someone was approaching, but the voice got louder. It was close, "Here goes nothing, Yuna. We got this." And then she stepped inside.
Back to top Go down
Matt Eria

Matt Eria

Level : 1
Male Posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)   Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:07 am

Why was a temple of the Fayth, so empty? Who had thought this to be a good idea?

He was seated in one of the antechambers, sitting with his feet under himself. Both gloved hands were placed firmly on his knees, and though he was in an almost-meditative state, his eyes were open. There were just the barest of echoes indicating people were even inhabiting the temple in the first place. How could they leave the Temple so unprotected? Certainly, no one in their right mind would desecrate such a place – and indeed, only a Summoner could truly reach the Chamber of Fayth inside.

Still.

He would have expected someone to be lingering at the door. Keeping an eye on something. Making sure that no one with ill-intentions would make their way forward. Behind his mask, his eyes remained half-lidded, as he watched the flickering electrical lights of Djose’s temple.

As always, whenever he passed through a place that was close to a temple, he would spend a few minor minutes there, to pay homage to the summoners that had come before. Each one, whether they succeeded or not, was a brave soul. Now, though, more than ever – with the new segment of memory ingrained in him? He felt he had to. He had to atone for crimes that were now a part of him.

The memories were clear. Words, cried out in desperation. A man who could not see his Summoner go further. Lightning descending from the heavens. A person who had sworn to lay his life on the line for his Summoner – murdering his Summoner in what appeared to be cold blood. There were fuzzy instances, parts that were burnt or missing – they hadn’t collected all of his spirit when making the memory sphere.

But he was there. Denied rest in the Farplane for his betrayal.

Not for the first time, he tasted blood. Integrating new memories was difficult, though not an insurmountable task. He’d done it twice before. He’d do it as many times as he needed to. But there were always things. Lingering remnants that would not go away, stuck like a thorn that only dug deeper as he tried to tear it out.

The sound of the doors made him look up.

A girl, carrying a staff, and dressed in flowing garments, stepped forward. She looked as perturbed as he had – for a few seconds. Then she simply paused… and started for the Cloister.

His brows furrowed. A Summoner? Possible. But A Summoner without her Guardians? No. He couldn’t see that happening. He pushed himself up, long black coat making barely a noise as it fell into place behind him. His boots carried him across the floor, and up the stairs, moving with a sense of urgency he couldn’t quite place.

As she stepped inside, he did, too, as the doors closed behind him.

“Wait.”

He looked at her, uncertainly. “Who are you? If you are a Summoner - where are your Guardians?”

( WC - 504 )

Last edited by Matt Eria on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)   Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:45 am

She could feel the thrum of her heart beat when she heard the shifting of life in the room with her. The tension left her shoulders soon there after. It didn't take long for the person to speak up. The male voice asked about her Guardians. Yes, the Guardians. She had lost those a long time ago. Some to death and violence, some just walked away, some were taken. She tried hard to not think about the tradgedies she had already faced. Her fingers rested on the door, and she contemplated keeping her back towards him, or facing him head on. Finally she decided to turn around. Letting her unusual heterochremia settle on his features. "I'm sure it's abnormal to see a Summoner without her  Guardians. But I have surpassed the need for Guardians." She didn't want to sound cocky, because she was much more tactful than that. She knew she could be defeated, she also knew if some beast, or for that matter a human came to slaughter her, she would be fighting for her life, and the Blight would make sure their life was snuffed out before hers was. "The Guardians I have are already a part of me." She murmured, before closing her fingertips around the Cloisters handle.

"Is that really so hard to imagine? A Summoner worth her own salt?" She tilted her head. For some reason she was intrigued to know the answer to this. His view on the pilgrimage. What was he even doing here?! "Perhaps I should ask why a lone man is lurking about in temples. Haven't you heard, these places have been abandoned. There aren't all that many Summoners left." Her curiosity was growing. But she knew she couldn't stay for long, she'd have to get on, finish the trial and hopefully she'd be able to attain Ixion. Naturally, she was worried her path she had chosen would be rejected. But in all hope, she wanted them to see why she had done the things she had done. The Blight wasn't the smartest idea. But bringing the calm was the only option she wanted for the world. And maybe even the calm could be permanent. No one really knew the depth of the Blights activity, and power. And she was going to end this threat forever if she could. If she could defeat Sin permanently... The world had a chance to finally flourish. At least away from Sin. The other things plaguing the world seemed easy in light of the attacks by Sin. She pursed her lips slightly derisively. "So, what say you?" She asked, wanting to know the answers to her questions.

WC: 444
Back to top Go down
Matt Eria

Matt Eria

PostSubject: Re: Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)   Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 1:13 pm

The way she spoke... he couldn't tell if she truly believed what she was saying, or if she was just saying something to make him go away. Was it so hard to see a Summoner worth her own salt? He watched her, passively, from behind his mask. She was a Summoner - there was no way she would allay herself with Bevelle. As such, he decided that hiding his face, and his emotions from her? It simply wasn't fair.

He reached both of his hands up to the Mime's mask, and worked it loose from his face. He took the hard, protective front, and slipped it in to his coat.

"I say..." He said, softly, his voice losing that muffled tone that one got when speaking behind a mask. "That a Summoner's worth is not measured by her ability to walk alone. It is her ability to reach out and touch others." He gave her a sad smile, fighting back the memories that were threatening. He had to remind himself that no matter how close they were to the surface, they were not his memories. He was not the man that had killed his own Summoner.

"A Summoner without Guardians is unusual to see, because we need to believe that she is surrounded by people who care for her. That if things do become too difficult, someone will be there to lift her up, on their shoulders if need be, to make sure that she can take the final step of her Pilgrimage to defeat Sin."

He looked down at her, though he was not much taller.

"I... am someone who believes in the teachings of Yevon. It doesn't matter how abandoned the temples become. I will always stop by and pay what homage I can to the Summoners of the past..." He looked almost hurt at that thought. "The summoners of the present." His own dark, black eyes looking into her own heterochromic ones. "And the Summoners of the future, should the Eternal Calm not come this time."

He lifted his shoulders in a small shrug.

"The Summoner and her Guardians are symbolic of the unity of Spira itself, against a foe far greater than it. Even if there is but a single Guardian, that's two people, driving each other to reach their goal. People need you - and your Guardians - so they feel hope. It's never been because a Summoner can't take care of herself. It's because she shouldn't have to face Sin alone."

He let out a breath, and he could all but hear Carmine chiding him for being overly sentimental. The Summoner standing across from him was defiant and strong-willed, but he didn't know why she felt she couldn't be strong while relying on others. His own powers, as twisted as they were, all came from his connections to other people - their pasts, their memories, all lingering inside him, waiting to bring their skills to bear.

"Please, don't take my question as a strike against you. It was not meant as such. I am just a humble Spiran, here to meditate on the Fayth. To see a Summoner at all was a surprise. To see her alone..?"

It was almost painful.

( WC - 549 )
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)   Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:26 pm

That steely resolve passed over her gaze again, she pressed her lips in a hard line. Having someone question her was something that made the Blight scratch up through her. She kept her calm and exhaled. "I know the teachings. Who wants to hear jargon from blasphemous sycophants? In my experience it is the Guardians who are the weak ones. Not able to keep on the path. You think I enjoy doing this on my own?" The Blight seemed to roil just a bit, whispering into her ear, hissing soft lullabies of death and of destruction. She slowly closed her fists into tight little balls. She was about to just enter the cloister without another word. But it seemed he wanted to press his opinions harder onto her. As if she was being judged, and she easily let the blight course through her. "Maybe I am too evil. Guardians don't want to protect something like me. I am changed forevermore."

She didn't want to give the Blight the control. The thought that the Fayth may not give her the Aeon terrified her. She didn't want to be a failed Summoner. Her father was such a prodigy, she only wanted to follow in his footsteps.  The Blight was forced back in its place. If she lost it, the Fayth may see her as just a trivial child. "There is much you cannot fathom about me. Why no one wants to guard a Summoner like me. You speak of unity. It is all blasphemy to me. You can call me anything you want. But at the end of my journey, I will bring the calm, like my father before me."

It took all her patience, and meditative spirit to keep the Blight  back. And even then, it was turning those beautiful eyes of hers black. "Sentimentality is not going to defeat Sin, humble Spiran. You said it better than I could have. You are just a spiran. You cannot even begin to understand a pilgrimage like mine." Her voice cracked, but it wasn't out of fear, or anxiety. It was the overpowering strength that the Blight had allowed her. Never mind the negative abilities, she was stronger. Much stronger than before. And she had to keep going. "I don't aim to bring hope anymore. I aim to kill Sin. That is my only goal now. My whole life has lead up to this. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a monster to kill." She stiffly bowed to him. She knew that more than one person would think this way. Hell, all of Spira could be against her ways. But all that mattered was destroying Sin. That was her goal. Death was in her future. This was the mark of a Summoner. She took a few steps back, she didn't leave anything to chance. Her eyes did not leave him. He could be someone who wanted to stop her.. She wouldn't let that happen.
Back to top Go down
Matt Eria

Matt Eria

PostSubject: Re: Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)   Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 26, 2013 5:57 am

Her retort was so full of pain... he just... didn't know how to comprehend it. A summoner who was trapped within her own existence - not embracing it, but resigned to it? It was... sad. Sad on a level he hadn't been expecting to feel, considering he barely knew this woman.

But the way she spoke - she had been betrayed. Abandoned. His gut wrenched at the thought - the guilt that wasn't his to harbor burned through him like a wash of boiling water. There was no amount of regret that would change those memories. Nothing he could do to release the man who'd performed those deeds from the confines of the Sphere. He didn't know he would want to, if he could.

The black mage that had betrayed his summoner centuries ago...

His eyes, dark as they were, hardened a little as she spoke. "Don't." He said, his voice harsh. "No one willing to give up their life for the good of their people is evil. You're right - I don't know you. I can't know the things you've been through. But you have to believe me when I say even the blackest night is punctuated by the stars. No matter what you've done, or who you've become - your goal is what sets you apart. Sets you firmly in the category of good."

Now, to be fair, Matt didn't know if he truly understood or believed in a concept of good versus evil. But he also knew that this woman - this Summoner - clearly did. She believed herself too tainted a creature to deserve guarding, and because of that, she was forced to do this alone.

However, when she spoke, and even went so far as to tell him he couldn't know of her plight... her pilgrimage... he tensed. His eyes remained focused on her.

"You're wrong." He said, quietly. "I have lived through a pilgrimage, just as you are going through it now. I have walked this temple and all the others. I have fought alongside a Summoner and my fellow Guardians." He closed his eyes, and when he opened them, they had taken on a much softer, blue hue - as though the color that had drained from hers, had been given to him in return. Perhaps, for now, it was just a trade.

"I am unlike any other person you have met before, Lady Summoner. The men in Bevelle made me in to a thing that holds memories of those long dead. One of whom was a Guardian." His jaw hurt, it was clenched so tightly. "He was imprisoned in a Sphere, never to be given the rest of the Farplane, for his crimes against his Summoner, and Spira as a whole. For even after everything he'd been through - he killed his Summoner, on the steps of Zanarkand."

He didn't know why he was telling her this. Why any of it mattered. Clearly, she didn't care to engage in this. But he would not let it go.

"You say hope is blasphemy - I say hope is the only fuel that allows us to continue to live in a world with Sin. Without it, no man, woman, and child would live. We defy Sin with our hope. We are afforded the chance to kill it because of hope. Without it... why bother?"

He let out a quiet breath.

"Lady Summoner - though I may not be one of your guardians, and even though the memories I hold inside are those of a traitor..." He took a step back, and gestured calmly with his hands. When they rested, they seemed to form a sphere just above his chest. He bowed forward. "I wish you luck, and pray you reach your goal. If you wish it, I will be here when you return, with food and water - I know how taxing it can be to commune with the Fayth."

It was all he could offer - though he would serve her as a Guardian if he could, he knew that his path would never allow such a thing. He was a Sphere Hunter - he could not return to Bevelle until he was able to burn it to the ground.

( WC - 702 )
Back to top Go down
Saeko

Saeko

PostSubject: Re: Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)   Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 29, 2013 10:41 pm

Her body stiffened when what passed over his face was pity. She could hardly stand it. Now he was pitying her being alone. Perhaps, Perhaps the blight should show him why she was in control and not some Guardian. No, Yuna. You must stay in tact. She told herself. And she was barely hanging on. Her strength was wavering. And then he spoke up, and told her that she was indeed not evil after all. She let a small smile play on her lips. "You might be right, maybe I am not all evil. But what I am goes against the very nature of Yevon. I am a blasphemous token that they wished they could smite off the earth. Yet, I am possibly too powerful for that. For they have tried to end me. I just will not give them the satisfaction of it." She ran a stray hand  through her hair. "My mission is pure. Ending Sin. But I think they fear me now." She said in a much harsher, and quieter tone.

Her eyes darted back to him in surprise. "You have gone through your own pilgrimage. That is a tale I would love to hear. How long ago?" Her voice surprised even her. She was eager to hear about the plight of the pilgrimage. As she still had more Aeons to go. She listened still, his tale seemed almost twisted, almost as much as hers. "They created you? Why? What is your purpose now with your memories..." She shook her head. She wondered what kind of guardian would have killed his summoner. "Why would he kill his own summoner?" She couldn't wrap her head around it. "Are you plighted to walk the earth like this for a purpose... You say you are just a humble spiran. But if that is so, why are you here?" She waited a few moments, listening to him talk about hope. And she lowered her head.

"Perhaps you are right, Spiran. Perhaps there is hope left for these people. Because Sin will be defeated. And I will be the one to end this cycle. I have to. I have no other choice. it is the only thing I was born for." She spoke clear and concisely and her words held a power about them. She truly believed she was their salvation. And she looked directly at him, noticing his eyes for the first time. She could see the look on his face, especially as the mask was off.

"Thank you Traveler. I may need your assistance. I didn't think there were people left who cared about the Summoners. I am humbled by your offer, and I will gladly take you up on it. "I must go. I must attain my next Aeon. Thank you... It is a gift what you are doing. I will greet you on my way out." She stood in front of the chamber, and the door slid open and to the side when she activated it. The cloister was only a few feet away, and she could already hear the active lightning inside. She smiled. "Til I return." She said with a solemn grown up look upon her face, and she disappeared within the door, and began to walk down the corridor. This is what she was waiting for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)   Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well, Isn't This Peachy.. (Open to anyone)
Page 1 of 1