HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Reborn[ALPHA]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Reborn[ALPHA]   Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:54 am




Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: Interval Of Freezed Time
Location: The Evil Forest

When this story had began there was but one being, something...somewhere had caused it to split into two. Of these two one inherited all their combined strength, the other however was left without speech without mind and left to wander aimlessly through the new world. Destiny however would conspire that Omega, the powerless one would survive...and through the kindness and care of a cursed being like her would grow stronger. As she grew strong the other grew weaker, finally drawn together the two would once again become one, heralding the end of time.

But not all ended as it should have, now cast through into the darkness the unified eternity is rent asunder throwing out a mere half of itself.


The being known to herself as Alpha would awaken in a dark place, moist moss and grass under her body and face; a feeling of gloom and weight of burden bearing down upon her. As sight and sound became clearer, she would see a distinct mist type substance roaming through the woods...yet this was no moisture, it felt darker....wrong somehow. There was a sense of danger from all around, not something supernatural or indeed part of the six senses....this was a primal sense of danger that emanated from the dark scagged trees....from every stone in this forest.

Whether or not she had the energy to, Alpha would need to stand and get out of this forest....something was watching her. This forest was watching her....and it was hungry.




Event:The Evil Forest:

The Evil Forest is a cursed location in Alexandria Territory and the site of Alpha's rebirth. The Evil Forest was tainted by the "Mist" of the continent in the same way that animals became monsters after exposure. The evil forest has a heart, a consciousness and seeks to devour any traveler foolish enough to wander into its borders. At this point Alpha has two options, she can either seek an exit to the Evil Forest by following the dim sunlight away from the cliff face of Alexandria falls. Or she can move deeper into the heart of the forest and hunt the very thing that seeks her destruction.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Option Two   Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:15 am


There had been only darkness for as long as the mind could perceive. A deep, encompassing thing that allowed for not a single thought to take hold. It was an oppressing thing, as swallowing thing... and as the mind became more aware of it, it grew to free the weight of its affliction upon the soul.

Then came the light of the eyes now open. The foul stench of the air as wanting lungs now breathed. As the eyes void of life themselves looked into the shroud of the abyss, they found within the close blades of thick grass both a comfort and fear, an abstract sensation to know what was close upon the death cold cheek yet could not in any form, believe it. Gradually, it would rise, this body composed of new locks and flesh. This tawny flesh with dark tresses of brown caressing both flora and ground upon its exhumation. The earth clung to the flesh as if from there it had been born, yet there was no impress other than the subtle bend of the blades. How lively they sprung back. Was this body lying for long?

Tender flesh endured the chill of the air as whispers of the forest moaned into acute ears. The feel of something... anything was foreign, and yet familiar in some distant manner. The touch without flesh would compel the eyes to look upon this body, behold the supple breast upon its chest and the gentle divide of femininity between unmarred legs; long and thick, a contrast to fragility. The body was that of a woman, though strange. The mind- no, she knew it was not the full form of a complete woman, and yet she could not understand how she knew this. Rather, as she looked upon herself, her legs, her hands as they would brought to her face, how her digits curled within the oppressive mist- she knew this body was hers however strange. But could only just begin to understand it.

Her lips would part as if to speak to the strange digits, these five dexterous curls of flesh tipped in black with dulled claws at their ends bending with a menacing curl. But there was no voice, only a sound of air rushing past her lips as the foul breath of the forest held precedence behold herself. She did not think, but reacted in earnest. Her long legs erecting her to a towering height, the rush of her rise nearly crumpling her stature. Her falter was joined by a cough and sputter as the thickness of the mist filled her lungs with bitter ease. Each breath she swallowed drug down her new heart, pressing a pain upon the fragile beating thing until the brought a hand to it to quell it.

What was this pain? What was this feeling? This sense of dread that urged her away. It was unkind... but so very familiar in her time of darkness. In the mind she could not recognize as herself, she live a memory of a danger overtaking. A foreboding thing meant to steal what precious life had only just been made. Frightening as it was, this sensation was also a lure, guiding the trembling steps of new legs toward the heart of this darkness, as the light of her salvation went unseen.
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:47 pm




Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: Interval Of Freezed Time
Location: The Evil Forest



For the moment the confused choice of this incomplete being would bring her towards her destiny. She had chosen to walk the path of danger, moving towards the dark heart of the forest in an attempt to shut down whatever evil lurked within before it got her. The Forest itself seemed to impede her every attempt at getting any closer to the focal point, the ground beneath her feet would become damp and marsh like the closer she got. [Speed Reduced by 50 whilst battling in the evil forest].  The trees themselves would seem to grow more barren and lifeless....though the direction of life was almost obvious. It was as if the heart of the forest was draining life from the trees and other plants around it, thus following the direction of death would be a good way to find the heart.

Occasionally Alpha would hear the rustle of movement within the trees....though beyond that there was nothing else....nothing until...

ATE(Alternative Time Event) Event

Whilst Alpha had been awakening, miles above another story had been unfolding within the towers of Alexandria Castle. Today had been the grand opening of the play 'I Want To Be Your Canary', the play had however hidden a secret agenda in the kidnapping of Alexandria's princess Garnet.  The Kidnappers, the thieves Tantalus were attempting to make their getaway in the theater ship with the princess in tow. However it seemed that the Alexandrians were not so willing to let the group get away with Garnet so easily.

An massive explosion would occur overhead, lighting the sky above the trees and mist temporarily before raining down pieces of flaming debris. Alpha would witness the fall of the airship several leagues ahead of her, chaos...confusion. Just as the bang from the fall and the explosion was fading, a piece of broken off airship began to rumble lightly, the movements became more persistent until finally something jumped out from under the flaming wreck. A small strange animal with wings which upon its emerging would yell to the world.


" KUPO!"

The creature, a moogle would run in circles patting at its pom pom to ensure that it was no longer on fire. In this mad spat of running it would accidentally bump into Alpha, falling down rather pathetically on its rear before looking up at her like a kicked puppy. " Where you on the airship too Kupo?". This strange turn of events presented a sudden advantage to Alpha, she was no longer the most obvious thing in the forest....and for the moment the eye of the forest was no longer solely focused on her...


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Each step was taken with caution toward the unknown, as the Forest itself appeared to not want to aid in the female's progress. Each step by not a feminine foot, but calloused digigated paw could feel the pull of the earth upon it. The twine of bristled branches as they sought to coil around her legs. The ground was unforgiving, unkind and yet she was not afraid. Merely disheartened by how greedily it clung to her, attempting to drag her down into its moistened depths. The unseen blight hoping to ensnare her.

Yet overhead, before her mind was wholly taken by the reasons for nature's malice, she behold the cataclysm of steel and smoke and fire raining down. The wail of the ship as it descended harmed her delicate ears. Their ringing growing louder until the resonance of the impact dulled their persistent whine. With hands clasp of her ears, she looked upon the forest floor in parts were the ship had broken and shed its metal hull. However one such piece among the wreckage held her attention.

New eyes looked upon the metal wreck as it shifted. Her curiosity was not strong enough to pull her toward it, however her gaze could not veer from its movements. Other than the forest, this was the first moving thing she had encountered. And while it did not make sense to look so intently upon it, she could not draw her gaze away. That was until something burst from the waving flames.

A strange little creature popped from the wreck and ran around in mad sweeps. It continued to pat an odd protrusion from its head, snuffing the small flames til only a lightly charred patch remained. In its panicked run, the little thing ran directly into her lightly furred legs. The stalks bucked slightly but offered little more of a falter to her stature. Curiously, she looked down at the creature as it spoke to her; her mind understanding yet at the same take not. She was not familiar with an airship, but did not believe it involved her in some manner. Carefully, the woman shook her head, then lowered a clawed finger to poke the creature lightly in the chest. Such an odd, soft looking little thing.
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 am




Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: Interval Of Freezed Time
Location: The Evil Forest

The Moogle would look up at the silent woman as she stared at him, though the idea seemed to get across when she shook her head. The moment Alpha poked its stomach though the moogle would fall back down upon its behind but not before giggling, it appeared the spot was particularly ticklish. It would however stand back up and look at the beacon of light which was now the flaming airship before letting out a brief sigh " I wonder if there were any other survivors kupo.....".

At this point there would be a rustling sound all around Alpha and the moogle, a if something was moving through the foliage towards them.A sour wind blew past as the rustling noises moved past them and towards the airship, a green blur the only sight between the camouflage of the forest. " What was that? It didn't look good...I don't think I like this place kupo....". The small creature appeared to cling to Alpha's leg......it wouldn't be long now before you reached the Forest's center.....




" I'm coming with you Kupo! My name is Mogum".


[Mogum joined Alpha's Party]
[300 Words to reach the heart of the Forest]

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:57 am

Alpha looked at the little creature as it giggled. Its plump body falling back as it held its stomach, obviously affected. She tried to emulate the motion, placing a hand to her bare stomach but could not foster anything more than a small smile. What a strange little thing, and in some odd way,adorable. As it pushed itself to stand, she stepped back to grant it room, but not before noticing the rustle about them.

Regardless of the noise, the forest was very much alive. Something unseen lurked, testing the woman's nerve and will. She felt the little creature grab hold of her leg add she began to step forward. His warm body presenting an obstacle to her path. Gently, she reached down and picked up her new found companion and held if against her chest. It would allow for the to walk the forest toward whatever malevolent thing lurked. Her pace remained slow due to the clinging roots and branches, yet her resolve was strong enough to keep her path true.

The creak of the branches sent a chill down her spine, a feeling never known but instantly disliked. The earth underfoot was rough, she could feel, but it was nothing to the callused pads the bent the flora withering in the mist. She noted the bend of the wood, how it moaned with her approach as if warning this unknown thing. She felt the air of the forest thicken, attempting in vain to snuff the light that walked into its heart.
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 pm

[quote="Mal"]



Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: Interval Of Freezed Time
Location: The Evil Forest

There was a clearing ahead, the clearing was made with vines stretching out n all directions...strangling all life around it. In the center of the vines was a huge flower with dark pink petals, in the middle of the flower glowing..beating...appeared to be a heart. This was it, the heat of the forest, a cold wind blew though the area as a feeling of deep oppression fell upon you like enhanced gravity. The moogle snuggled into your chest now seemed to grip tighter, letting out a small whimper "...kupo...".

Though it seemed that even this was enough to trigger the awakening of the plant, the thing rose up, lifted by vines and stem to a great height, stretching as tall as some of the trees around the forest. Though it could not 'look' at you, the face of the flower faced in your direction.  The vines whipped around the area like tentacles, one slashing out at a tree beyond the clearing and cleaving it straight in two....this was not going to be an easy battle by any means....however it would seem this plant was but the first obstacle in Alpha's journey to rebirth...and completion

The Moogle in your arms jumped down and landed beside you, entering what appeared to be some sort of cute fighting pose.



" We'll do this together Kupo!".


Battle VS Heart of the Forest
BGM:Boss Battle
Party Members: Alpha, Mogum



Name: Heart of the Forest
Description: The Brain Plant, or heart of the forest is the malevolent intelligence behind the evil forest. The creature is physically powerful however lacks magical power.
Additional Info:Scan to Obtain

HP: 2000/2000
MP:50/50
Combat Abilities:
Pollen: Casts Poison+Blind status
Tentacle: +50dmg
Magic:
Thunder

Actions:
1, None taken this turn

2, None Taken this turn



Name: Mogum
Description: A moogle that Alpha met in the forest following the explosion. Appears to have been on the airship that crashes into the forest, cowardly yet skilled in magic.
Additional Info:Scan to Obtain

HP: 150/150
MP:100/100
Combat Abilities:
Big Guard: Casts Protect,Haste and shell on party
Moogle Dance: Cures all party members by +100hp
Magic:
Fire
Cure
Slow

Actions:
1, None taken this turn

2, None Taken this turn



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:04 pm

The moogle trembled against her chest as they neared what was felt as the ‘heart’ of the forest. Where the land had once been littered with fallen leaves, in the place were bald patches of earth and prickly vines. But the vines were not immobile, not by what the strangely acute eyes of the woman could see. They snaked like living things, coiling about the ground as though reaching, then recoiled into themselves with each press her limbs made upon the earth, signaling her presence. The reverberations were sound, but not enough to stir the living thing that slept within, til the gentle cry of her companion stirred the monstrous beast.

It a plant could be malicious, this being was its face. Though no roar accompanied its ascent, nor eyes glowered down with the intent to kill, she could feel its anger at being disturbed… as her own anger would rise that such a creature would exist. It was comprised of something evil… something dark. A force that desired the flesh of the living to sustain its own damned existence.

Against her breast, the little moogle wriggled free to stand beside her. It little body was ready in a pose to prepare for the coming assault, though none was received outright. The female looked down at her hands, bare with only a hint of taxed flesh and debris from her rebirth. In her mind she felt this absence was… foreign, endangering, and quickly look around her for something, anything to fill that strange void. Her eyes behold a thick rod of red, thing branches still clinging to it as well as leaves that blossomed green from their buds. Strange that these leaves had not turned foul and black from the oppressive evil of this place. As she picked up the wooded rod, she immediately turned toward the towering creature. Its vines whipped madly not yet striking her or her companion, but at the risk of it taking the advantage, she assumed to strike first.

The reaction was instinctive, a trigger in the mind as one would feel when faced with something of disgust. She felt the energy swell within her, oddly channeling not from her chest… but her back? Though her eyes could not see it, she could feel the transition, an ‘opening’ from her shoulderblades as something both painful and powerful blossomed with a strange heat. She felt the build radiating at her back, then realized without hesitation the gathered energy nestled there.

And what her eyes could see, would be her target, the maw of the demon flower as it grasped the sudden bombardment of hellfire. [Fira x2]



Level 6
HP: 625 / 625
MP: 725 / 925


Strength: 500 [+325]
Defense: 250
Magic: 550 [+75]
Magic Defense: 325
Speed: 625 [+150]

1: Fira 275 dmg -100mp
2: Fira 275 dmg -100mp
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:31 am






Battle VS Heart of the Forest
BGM:Boss Battle
Party Members: Alpha, Mogum



Name: Heart of the Forest
Description: The Brain Plant, or heart of the forest is the malevolent intelligence behind the evil forest. The creature is physically powerful however lacks magical power.
Additional Info:Scan to Obtain

HP: 1400/2000
MP:50/50
Combat Abilities:
Pollen: Casts Poison+Blind status
Tentacle: +50dmg
Magic:
Thunder

Actions:
1, The Monster recoils in horror as the fire type attacks strike at it, being a plant it was quite clearly adverse to fire type attacks. [Takes an additional 50dmg due to elemental weakness].In retaliation for your attack the creature unleashed a spray of ellow pollen which would sting your eyes and make your ody feel sick and heavy. [Pollen: Blind +Poison ]

2, No action Taken this turn



Name: Mogum
Description: A moogle that Alpha met in the forest following the explosion. Appears to have been on the airship that crashes into the forest, cowardly yet skilled in magic.
Additional Info:Scan to Obtain

HP: 150/150
MP:25/100
Combat Abilities:
Big Guard: Casts Protect,Haste and shell on party
Moogle Dance: Cures all party members by +100hp
Magic:
Fire
Cure
Slow

Actions:
1, Mogum looks over to Alpha in awe as she attacks using the fire, realizing that she is probably the better attacker of the two he falls back into a support position. Magic gathers around them both as the moogle casts a blue magic spell. " Kupo!. He yells enthusiatically as powerful support magic falls upon you both. [ Big Guard: Haste, Protect, Shell cast on party]

2, Mogum then pointed a paw at the plant, time magic woul caue the creature to enter a slowed down state. [Slow Cast on opponent]



[/quote][/quote]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:51 am

To believe she would get out of the fray unscathed would have been a foolish notion, and yet that did not stop the surprise from showing on the woman's face. As the demon plant recoiled from her attack, she felt a sense pride for the minor success. But it was, however, short-lived as the beastly plant retaliated, opening its vibrant petals to exude the fumes of its foul breath. The powder washed over her, filling her lungs and seeping into her pore beneath smooth short fur. [Poison] Her eyes burned forcing them to close as the sickly essence pricked their corners then inward. [Blind]It choked her throat and burned her lungs. Her very body was burdened by a sickly glow as she forced herself down to one knee. She coughed in vain as the pollen had settled uncomfortably within her lungs. Her actions little more than a reaction with no sound to accompany it.

Then she felt a warmth not from her back, but from around her as she was bathed in a protective light [protect | shell]. And though inflicted, she felt her heart beat faster, her legs become stronger to carry her weight with more ease [haste]. It was invigorating, and she turned toward the little creature as the minute trickles of magical light receded to its pale little form. Had she been able to speak, she would have thanked the creature then. But her remaining senses were better fixed upon the demonic plant.

The female raised her wooden weapon and pointed it in the direction of the plant, and just as the flames had been released with thought before, they were willed to life again in spiraling torrents aimed for the heart and maw of the writhing plant.  [Fira x3]



Level 6
HP: 562 / 625
MP: 425 / 925


Strength: 500 [+325]
Defense: 250
Magic: 550 [+75]
Magic Defense: 325
Speed: 625 [+150]

1: Fira 325 dmg -100mp
2: Fira 325 dmg -100mp
3: Fira 325 dmg -100mp
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:01 pm






Battle VS Heart of the Forest
BGM:Boss Battle
Party Members: Alpha, Mogum



Name: Heart of the Forest
Description: The Brain Plant, or heart of the forest is the malevolent intelligence behind the evil forest. The creature is physically powerful however lacks magical power.
Additional Info:Scan to Obtain

HP: 325/2000
MP:50/50
Combat Abilities:
Pollen: Casts Poison+Blind status
Tentacle: +50dmg
Magic:
Thunder

Actions:
1, Unfortunately for the monster your blindness didn't do much to hinder a magical based assualt, already Alpha knew just where to wreath her flames of destruction and when they all hit the creature was now little more than a singed vegetable. None the less a powerful tentacle would whip out at Alpha causing damage that might have been deadly had it hit a weaker warrior.[Tentacle: 200dmg]




Name: Mogum
Description: A moogle that Alpha met in the forest following the explosion. Appears to have been on the airship that crashes into the forest, cowardly yet skilled in magic.
Additional Info:Scan to Obtain

HP: 150/150
MP:25/100
Combat Abilities:
Big Guard: Casts Protect,Haste and shell on party
Moogle Dance: Cures all party members by +100hp
Magic:
Fire
Cure
Slow

Actions:
1, Mogum appeared to simply be in awe of Alpha's ability to fight....and thus seemed to be staring at her as opposed to fighting the monster. [Action: Jaw Drop]




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Though her aim was true, the plant still lived, its tentacles wriggling as it writhed it pain. Fortune would see fit to smile on the demon plant, guiding its blind aim to strike the equally blind female. She turned too late, only just feel the rush of the tentacle as it lashed for her side, catching her in the bare stomach and knocking her back.

She held fast to the staff even against the impact of the unforgiving ground. Her descent was somehow lessened, as she noticed, drawn back by something once again pulling from her back. She felt the gathering energy again, pooling into her core but not bypassing the sickness inflicted by the demonic plant. s she had down before, she released the gathered energy by will directing it toward the recalled direction of the forest's heart. [Fira]



Level 6
HP: 306 / 625
MP: 325 / 925


Strength: 500 [+325]
Defense: 250
Magic: 550 [+75]
Magic Defense: 325
Speed: 625 [+150]

1: Fira 325 dmg -100mp
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:19 am

[quote="Mal"]



Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: RUN!
Location: The Evil Forest


Battle Rewards:
+500exp
+300gil
+2 Hi Potions

The moment that the monster died something would change in the evil forest, a silence came over it that was almost eerie. Then as if to banish the silence, the ground began to tremble...something was terribly wrong, it was a stampede....but of what? Other monsters suddenly burst into the opening and began to run towards the female and her moogle companion. If this had been the heart of the forst, then what would happen to the forest when it died?

The stampede of monsters though wasn't just running towards Alpha, they seemed to be in the trees all around the clearing as well moving like a stream in the one direction. They were fleeing...running away from the forest....and you had to keep ahead of them least you be crushed...or worse...find out what they were running from. That though seemed inevitable... from the treeline in the farthest distance you would notice the Forest was changing color...a grayness that enveloped all that it caught. Every monster touched by it would turn...would turn into stone!




" Kupo! The forest is becoming petrified! We have to get out of here!".

Escape the Forest
Make a post evading the stampeding monsters and escape the evil forest before it fully petrifies and turns you into a statue of your former self!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Though for the moment she could not see the conclusion, she could sense the end when the forest fell to silence. The ailments of her eyes and throat still plagued her, but only for a moment longer. Just enough for the woman to regain herself both in body and mind over what had just transpired. It had been strange calling forth that energy to attack, yet it felt no different than walking or breathing. It took some getting used to with this rebirth, but it was oddly easy for her to grasp; as though she knew how to better than she knew of herself, let alone her name.

As she gathered herself, breathing deeply to soothe her lungs, she felt the irritation fade and her eyes weep gentle tears to clear the pollen. As she had done upon the ground, the place of her birth, she blinked carefully as the light that filtered into the forest graced her eyes again, at after a moment, she was able to see again. So simple a feat brought a relieved smile to her face, and a sort of giggle, soundless but emotive.

With little thought, she placed the wooden limb against the ground to stand, then looked upon it as the smoothness of the bark was felt underneath her palms. The branch hadn’t done so much to aid her, but it worked wonders to give her a since of aim. However, recalling the need for it, the female looked over her shoulders to spy the originals of the aggressive flames, a hint perhaps of where her power had come from. Yet… it was nothing spectacular. Ordinary really. Or it would have been, have it not been so strange at the start. Two orbs of light hovered just above her shoulder blades. Not touching, yet not so far away to be distant. A part without needing to touch the whole. They were void, these orbs, adorned only in naked light without form. A luminescence that stretched and at the same time receded. They pulsed as if with a heart of their own, drumming to some unknown rhythm.

She would have admired them, perhaps try and make sense of them… but the reverberations of the earth bid that she wait another day. The ground came alive as a multitude of things yet to be seen came running from the corners of the woodland, each wailing their unique songs of panic to virgin ears. Confused, the woman looked into the dark where light faintly permeated, spying the transition of darkness to colorless grey, transforming all those not quick enough to evade. The little creature’s panic spurred her into action. Quickly she snatched up the small winged thing and her staff and made a mad dash through the woodlands aimless, but not frightened.
The earth quaked with the ruckus kept behind, just a hair’s width out of reach. She could even feel the breath of the faster fodder upon her back, threatening to overtake her startling speed. She hadn’t the means to assess what was ahead but she hurried none the less, forsaking the pain of snatching branches and sharp vines upon naked flesh for the sake to reaching an exit. Alive. Her dash evolved into a sprint when near a growing flicker of light. As warm and welcoming as the light of a distant dream, she reached for it not with hand but with body, pushing beyond her limits, beyond the strain to burst from the dying forest into the light of…


+500exp
+300gil
+2 Hi Potions
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:06 pm




Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: None
Location: Mist Region (Alexandria Territory)

You had done it, you managed to escape as the forest had closed behind you, frozen forever in time and stone. Now though you had made it out into the wold, the strange mist was still clinging to the air like a poison...but at least now you could see daylight. Mogum seemed rather elated at the idea of having actually survived that trauma and gave Alpha a huge leg hug. " Kupo can't believe it kupo!, we got out of there alive...and you were so strong kupo!". It seemed that creatures like this, or perhaps ones from this world in general just weren't used to seeing such acts of power.

Though the question of where to go now was up in the air, though it seemed that your new friend had some idea of where to go from here. "I think we should go to Lindblum kupo, my friend Atlas lives there and he might be able to help us out kupo!". He took a look around spinning on his little fat legs before managing to find his direction. He jumped into the air, little wings like a bat flapping excitedly keeping him afloat.


" To get to Lindblum we need to travel through the North or South gate Kupo, but the North Gate is on top of a mountain and I don't think we'd get far like that kupo. So the South Gate would probably be our best option....unless you want to go through the Ice Cavern kupo....though I'm not a big fan of the cold"

The moogle would seemingly lead the way flying out into the mist ahead of Alpha, assuming that she would follow. On the way to the south gate though her new companion would begin to ask a few questions of her " I don't mean to pry Kupo but, how did you end up in the Evil Forest and....naked....kupo".
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:19 am

They had cleared the forest but the small party was not completely out of the mist. However without the malice of the forest’s heart, there was only an irritable hanging in the air. The hint of what was and the danger still imposed. But if there was a presence to lighten the oppressive mood, it was that of the little creature now hugging her leg. The woman smiled as she looked down to it, a silent giggling following in the wake of mildly shifting shoulders. She did not believe her ability was any better than another’s… however she knew no other to compare to.

When it finally released her, it was with a suggestion of where they should go from the forest. It was strange that the woman could not speak because she understood the moogle rather well, and even knew its designation. But not of how to bring forth her own voice. Silence was her companion aside from the lively creature, and so it would remain until she knew how to be rid of it. Given the moment, however, she accepted its presence and did with it what she could; near nothing.

Had she a means to contest the suggestion, she would not have. She was a new stranger to the lands and this moogle was her guide. Agreeing with its direction, she simply rounded her shoulders back and offered a nod as she stepped from the chalky border of the woodlands after her guide. It was unfortunate that she could not speak with him. The only other living thing seen after her birth and she hadn’t a means to answer him properly. However it did pose a question for her to ponder; why was she in the forest? And… why was she naked? Looking down at herself, she did not feel the notion was strange, but if the moogle would draw attention to it, perhaps it was a better idea that she find some covering? But what was there beyond the wooden staff in hand and her cascading locks? Perhaps if she brought the hair forward… but what would that do for her rear? Hopefully the little one could do away with the assumptions of modesty at least until they had the proper means to address it.
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:30 pm




Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: None
Location: Mist Region (Alexandria Territory)

It took perhaps half an hour to get from the evil Forest to the southern gate. The trek itself being rather uneventful aside from the occasional puddle caused by the rainy weather that seemed o often frequent this portion of the world. The gate itself was more or less precisely what you would expect, it seemed to be buried into the mountain, a large reinforced wood gate with what looked like a door carved into it. The moogle excitedly rushed up towards this small door and knocked on it three times before anyone bothered to answer. Behind the door there was the gruff voice of a woman who seemed to be getting on in her years.

” Who’s out there?”

Mogum did a little spin in the air before announcing you both to what seemed to be the gate keeper. ” My name is Mogum and this is my friend…..Janet!, we were travelling to Alexandria to see the play but some bandits attacked us on the road kupo…my friend was assaulted and they took her clothes”. If you could say one thing for the little guy it was that he spun a rather good story. There was a gasp from behind the door as the old lady seemed to be muddling with the locks. She would open the door and beckon you both in with a thin boney hand. ” Oh my, poor dear…”. She would say apparently attempting to calm you of whatever trauma that you had supposedly gone through. Mogum spoke up once again with his silver moogle tongue. ”….Kupo…ever since the incident she hasn’t spoken a word kupo…”.Again, absolutely and amazingly believable….you had to wonder just what Mogum actually did for a living.  

” Well dears we’ve got orders to seal the gates, but in this instance I’ll make an exception….go to the Foreman and tell him that Bunny sent ya, he’ll provide you with some clothes dear and some coupons for the sky lift restaurant whilst you wait for a ride back to lindblum”.

The woman would then set about closing the door once again mumbling about bandits and how things were safer back in ‘her’ day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:08 am

Despite her not being able to speak, their progress toward the gate was not so uncomfortable. Occasionally the space of silence would be filled with the caw of a distant bird, or the creak of the forest long behind as it failed its final death song. As they walked, she took the time to ponder on how she had come to the Evil Forest. What was there before the darkness and the light of waking? Did she have an existence before then? She must have, else she would not have been able to use her power, or felt as comfortable when conjuring the flames. The silent woman wondered what else she knew, or was able to do, and what would be the cause to bring this discovery to light…

Following the little creature’s guidance, the pair came to an impressive looking door within the mountain. The gate he referred her, she surmised with little effort, as they were clearer no other path through save this. When a voice came from the door, she turned to it, her mouth parted to speak then shut quickly after as she remembered no voice would come forth. The moogle didn’t seem to have trouble speaking to the woman though, and spun an untruthful, yet believable tale regarding their circumstances as her bare state of being. When beckoned in, the woman did her best to maintain a disheveled appearance, adding a vacancy to her eyes as if all joy had been stripped from her in an instant. She was however grateful when offered both clothing and a meal.

She followed the little moogle as he fluttered beyond the gate leading her along a narrow flight of stairs to the housing for the gate’s mechanics. It was interesting just how much her companion knew of this place, yet she was not about to argue if it gave them a bit of fortune. They were soon met with a man, as large and burly as one would assume from a living thing that toiled his whole life. Strong and worn though with aged eyes of understanding. He looked to the strange, though the question on his face was clear; why was there an odd naked woman standing before him?
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:53 pm




Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: None
Location: Mist Region (Alexandria Territory)

Mogum seemed to at least know his way around, perhaps it wasn't the first time that he ha come this way. The Gate itself looked as if it was undergoing some repairs, the mechanisms seemed rather old and rusted and the workers were acting tirelessly to replace old with new for a stronger more stable....defense?  yes,by the looks of it everyone here was preparing for some kind of conflict, even if you didn't know just where this place was or hat its history was...fear....war....it was the same everywhere.

Mogum would fly over to the the man who was in charge, he seemed to have the body of a purple hippo. The conversation between the two was drowned out by the sounds of hammering, sawing and welding going on in the background. The foreman would disappear for awhile before reappearing with a burlap sack on a stick. Mogum wouldn't fly with the weight for the sack so grabbed the stick and slung it over his shoulder troding back over to you.


" He was nice kupo!, take this bag, there's some clothes in it that should fit you. He said that they belonged to a thief that passed through....not sure how to take that kupo but they look in good condition...now for some cake kupo!"

Inside the bag there would be some clothes that you could get changed into, by the looks of it there were also two tickets to Lindblum on the next aircab which was an hour from now. Tucked into the pocket of the pants was a menu for the south gates restaurant which seemed to be famous for its chocolate cake as well as several coupons for some food.




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm

The woman waited quite patiently for her little companion to return. And even had she been able to speak, there was little to nothing she could say for the moment. It was fortunate that on this journey her voice was not needed to carry it. Though she was admittedly disheartened that her chords were not yet able to carry sound. Perhaps they never word… perhaps it was just something she was not able to do. Try as she may, she could not keep her mind from pondering this, even more so when the questioning glances of others feel upon her. It would have been nice to say to them with ease that she was just waiting for her companion… and wasn’t some sad, naked thing.

Even if that was exactly what she was.

Sighing softly, she crossed her arms beneath her chest as she waited, shifting her weight to one side almost impatiently. Fortunately, it was not much longer before the little moogle came over with a bag drug him. Hesitantly, she looked at the bag of clothes not really seeing a need for them… but apparently they were important. Unfolding the bag, she assessed the clothing as minute a selection as it was. A simple pair of shorts and a cut-sleeved top which for all intents and purposes looked more like a rag to tie around the top. There was a thin string in the bundle with a small patch in the center. It looked like something to tie the hair with, but something told her it had something to do with her clothing selection. She was lucky, very lucky that all articles of the attire were clean and ready to wear… and so she changed rather quickly, never minding the odd stares of the walls working patrons.

Now dressed, she fiddled with the pockets of her shorts and held out the two tickets and coupon for her little companion to take. She looked to him questioningly, waving the paper silently. Was it useful?
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:14 pm




Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: None
Location: Mist Region (Alexandria Territory)

Your little moogle companion waited patiently as you awkwardly put on the clothes, though the moment you had shown him the coupons he jumped, grabbed them and did a little mid air spin. " Kupo!, the Bundit Cake of the south gate is delicious kupo!". And with that he would fly off to go buy himself some cake, the cafe was hard to miss, and by the looks of the tickets you had some time to kill before heading off to the departure lounge.

It seemed today though that you were not the only odd group that was travelling this path. There were a couple of others who stood out in the crowd( though perhaps not as much as a naked girl), there was a group wearing what appeared to be robes, their fashion style (not that Alpha would know anything about it) seemed very oriental, to those from this world it was rather obvious that they were from Spira, the theocratic region to the west. Though perhaps the oddest group of people were stood just outside the cafe as Mogum flew in. They were a group of women that had strange almost rabbit features, though far from fluffy and cute these females were wild and beautiful.

" Can you believe it?....This trip has been a total waste of time....We're supposed to hunt creatures of the Evil Forest and by the time we get here the place has undergone some kind of disaster".

It would appear that the women were voluntarily heading to the evil forest, or at least were supposed to be. Though word had reached them of its petrification, thankfully though your name/description wasn't involved in such a report. Though who in their right mind would actually want to go there? " So where are we going next?". The shortest of the women replied, her face told a different story...it seemed that she was actually relieved not to have to go into that place. "....Not sure yet, we're waiting for Hiera to return....It's either make the trek to Wutai near Midgar, or Hunt dragons in Mysidia". Wutai?.....Dragons?.....


Just what sort of world was this?

Funnily enough right next to them was a tourist information booth, one which contained tiny books on locations within the region and....a phrase book?....That might come in handy.



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:40 am

Apparently the tickets were of some importance, as she judged by how excited the little creature became. He took the bits of paper with vigor and went about dancing in the air before flying off, leaving his companion in a mildly perplexed stupor. She would have to be mindful of that in the future. Perhaps if she found another kind of paper he would do a little dance for her again.

As he went off about his business, the woman was left to wander about for a little while. She hadn’t the slightest idea what the train tickers were for, but assumed it had something to do with all the waiting people. She walked carefully around the makeshift lobby as she tried to adjust herself to the odd feeling of clothes… especially the string riding uncomfortably up her backside. Perhaps she was waiting it wrong?

“-watch it!” A rough shoulder knocked into the woman as she turned too late to see the oncoming behemoth of a man. Large arms and shoulders with small head atop them. His body was blue and generously furred with a singular horn protruding from his skull. Alarmed, she spun out of the way as he barreled forward and past her. Had she moved a moment too late, she would have suffered the pain of a heavy foot atop her own, but luckily there was no cause for pain… aside from her smarting shoulder. She lowered her head humbly in apology while doing her best to make herself look small in comparison to him. Their heights certainly rivalled, yet he clearly had the most bulk. The great thing huffed to himself as he glanced at the woman then turned tail, literally, from her at the few watching patrons. Even the complaining of the hare-eared women went silent for the moment.

Then conversation sprang up again returning the platform to a relative state of normality. She placed a hand to her shoulder to nurse it as she continued to look around, spying by the gloss of its cover a book with various creatures on the front. A compendium of some kind? She picked up the book and began leafing through the pages. Her eyes widened at the various creatures there in. She would stop at the image of a large, dire wolf looking creature with a massive horn and body in flames. Strangely, the creature looked familiar though she couldn’t figure why off the top of her head. Had it been something that passed her in the Evil Forest? No. She would have noticed a creature on fire. Especially one with a horn that large. Perhaps it was something on the walk to the gates?

‘But that isn’t right… is it?’

The woman all but jumped as something spoke quietly to her. And not that her ears would hear… Curiously she looked around, expecting for someone to walk over and speak with her. But there was none to approach, not unless the people passing by counted at all. And even then it wasn’t directly toward her. Had she imagined the words? Was it some jest or magic at work? She waited for a moment, anticipating another word, but when there was nothing, she continued on leafing through the book. Towards the end, she saw the images of the wild females, Viera they were called with origins stemming from Ivalice. Oddly, that word rang familiar with her, but she couldn’t figure why either. And the more she thought about it, the more she grew annoyed; knowing these words but not ‘how’. Grumbling softly to herself, she took the book and slid it in her back pocket… only to have her wrist grabbed in that instant. “Oi!” The woman spun around sharply, nearly slapping herself in the face with her long tresses. And it was in that brief turn she caught the glimpse of a circular thing hovering near her back before it disappeared. Leaving it be, she looked to the gaze of a rather large, albeit intelligent looking man. “It’s not polite to take things that aren't yours. Especially without paying for it.”
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
avatar

Posts : 229

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:48 pm




Current Event: Rebirth
Current BGM: None
Location: Mist Region (Alexandria Territory)

It would appear that for whatever reason the person was angry at you, clearly here picking things up without returning with compensation was out of the question. The man looked you over then managed to spot something attached to your lower clothing. His other hand grabbed it, a small pouch, he would count out a few coins before taking them and pushing the coin bag back into her chest. The man would at that point snort and then let you go.

Mogum would rush back to your side after he hadn't seen you for awhile his furry face smeared with a thick brown substance that smelled really..really good. He appeared to be carrying a piece of cake on a plate which he would offer up to you. " What are you doing kupo?, here try some cake is really good kupo". Shortly following the passing of the cake an announcement would ring out over a megaphone. " Now boarding all travellers bound for Lindblum, those with connections to other regions ensure that you change at the appropriate gates". Mogum would then look back over at the cafe, then at you.


"....Go to the aircab kupo, I'm going to go grab some more cake for the ride".

And with that the moogle hastily took off to get you both some more snacks or the ride.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:08 am

The man did not appear happy, that much she was able to tell without the book. And though she was not frightened of him, she was wary of his movements, especially when his hand came near her. The woman was still as he reached for a small pouch at her side then took out a strange golden currency from the contents. She didn't dare open her mouth to speak, for what was there to say in a moment like this? When the pouch was handed back to her, she took it all too graciously then stowed it again just in time for her little companion to return.

She took the cake without question but eyed it skeptically. Was she supposed to hold it? Eat it? She examined a soft piece of its exterior. Bravely, she pinched a bit of it then brought it to her lips for a taste... then before she knew it, the cake was gone! The remnant of its existence being a smear of rich brown upon her cheek. She hadn't realized she was so hungry!

Greedily, she licked her fingers for another sample of delectable chocolate but was interrupted. The booming call for the loading train sent a surge of patrons toward the platform then vehicle. It was fortunate the surge guided her to where she was needed, only stopping when a burly man demanded to see her ticket. She stared at him blankly, earning yet another detested sneer on another face. The tickets were snatched from her possession, clipped, then returned, as the surge moved forward to push her onto the the train.

There were rows of seats just waiting to be taken, some already occupied by strange and familiar looking creatures alike. Minding the people around her, she shuffled toward the back of the train, procuring for herself and her companion a dual seat. It was a little warm from the previous patron, but she hardly minded. As long as it didn't suddenly come to life and harm her, she was oddly content. Though as she sat there with the space beside her empty, she couldn't help feeling that something was... missing. As if she were waiting for someone, not the moogle, to take its place. She couldn't quite shake it, nor the thought pertaining to a behemoth running about.

How strange.
Back to top Go down
No Name

avatar

Level : 7
Posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:15 am




Current Event: The Hanged Man
Current BGM: Susanooh

Work had brought the man to the Mist Region, usually this place wasn't what he would call his primary choice for clientele. Though then again in this type of economy any high paying job was worth it. The Princess Garnet and heir to the Alexandrian throne had been kidnapped and it was his job to track her down. Reports given by the royals had stated that she had been seen going towards the Ice Cavern, and all indications from that little gaunt indicated that she was headed towards Lindblum, most likely on foot as to avoid any official patrols.

Knowing that if he was going to get ahead of her and the suspected kidnappers he would need to jump a ride on the first aircab headed towards the regency. And thus the No Named mercenary found himself buying a ticket at a somewhat rundown station and running for the cab. Thankfully he managed to get on in good time and sat across the isle from several odd looking folks. A group of Viera, some spirans and an odd looking woman who seemed to be staring somewhat at the vacant seat next to her. Being from Midgar No Name was all too used to the idea of people acing strangely on Public Transport, the only difference here was the slight hint of Xenophobia that surrounded him. The only other creatures that tended to live in Midgar was the occasional moogle...but being around people of so many different varieties....hell the guy who had owned the ticket booth was some sort of....Hippo.


Still he had a job to do and some planning before he got off the aircab. The kidnappers had one distinct advantage over him in that they were locals. Probably from Lindblum, and that city had several portions like Midgar that they could crawl and hide into....his best bet though was that if they were travelling by foot it meant they would have to come in through the dragons gate...of course that's assuming that they didn't high jack an airship one the way there. Though....what were the chances of that happening?...

Exp:36
LPWC: 896 (Mercenary)


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Reborn[ALPHA]   

Back to top Go down
 
Reborn[ALPHA]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» News For Alpha Polaris
» RetroBlazer - SP Alpha Demo
» Hawken Alpha
» The Bleeding Scythe reborn
» Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn - Béta test phase 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
End of the Road :: The South :: The Mist Region-
Jump to: