Pride Before the...[Mark]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MAL
Admin

PostSubject: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Current Event: Pride before the Fall
Current BGM:

Following the defeat of the creature he and the girl Alpha had left on the next ship to Junon, the girl had from there planned to go to Midgar. Thus the two said their goodbyes ( with it being one of the few words the girl could say) though the nameless man had a feeling it would not be the last that he saw of her. His first stop in Junon though was hitting one of the local watering holes, after a mission like that he needed to get drunk, drunk and laid. Though the latter was often near on impossible after the former. Seven shots in and the Anonymous one would feel the sudden need to call in a male friend from Midgar.

He drunkenly flipped out his phone and began to scroll down towards his name with a clumbsy stupor almost twice phoning the wrong person. Eventually it would start ringing and when the sound clicked for voice mail, No Name would grunt with annoyance and left his message. " Yo Tinker...get cho ass dow hera now, I'm in Juno-hick-an I need to talk to you....RIGHT AWAY....you hear....RIGHT AWAY..I'll...I'll probably be in....YOU BARTENDER WHATS THE NEAREST HOTEL...OH..upstairs...cool....I'll be upstairs Mark...shhh...don't tell that girl I'm drunk...she'd probably hit me again...got a mean right hook....". At this point he'd hang up and continue his drinking, of course Mark at this point would be presented with the main problem of FINDING No Name; however good luck would have it that Junon was quite a ways away from Midgar...meaning that even if he had wanted to...Mark would never have gotten down there in time anyways.

The next morning, refreshed...perhaps for the sleep or the fact he could well have died of liver failure and simply resurrected on the bed. No Name would check his phone for missed calls (which indeed he may well have had) he would pay the innkeeper come bar keep and phone Mark again, though once again connecting voice mail. " Tinker, same story minus the booze, I'll be at Junon's mercenary guild office".  The guild office in Junon was rather near the military barracks, a useful setting for the guild as many of those who left the service often went private with their skills...having a first stop for a new job was often the best course of action for both the retiring soldier and the money making ability of this branch.

No Name would walk in and submit his report from the event though he would have already collected his money for taking part (which had went on last nights booze). Still he needed a new job to keep up the money and approached the guy who handed them out. Quite typically these men /women were always behind bullet proof glass, with a slider to hand out the mission requests. Mercenaries weren't always nice people afterall and if you failed a mission sometimes the people who gave you the job would refuse to pay....and most merc's didn't take too kindly to that.

" Looking for a new freelance job, ya got any?"

EXP:51
LPWC:5214/7000

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theroadends.forumotion.com
Mark Illyria

Male Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:39 pm

Current Event: Pride before the...
Current BGM:

It was another long night, and he had finished the last customer of the day, who had a really promising fortune. He walked away happy with a couple ladies who were really inebriated. Mark stared on at their drunken antics before they walked away before he sighed and put up his cards and cloth where he set them. He stood up and walked to the bar with a nice sack of gil in his pockets ready to drink the night away. As he walked he couldn't help but feel calm. He loved looking at Midgar in the dark, the lights and colors of the night seemed to calm him and give him solace. Much better than the dreams of fire that cause him to drink until he passed out every night...

The thought made him think back to the guy with the two women he had just read. Damn could he use some company, honestly any company besides his own mind, the ringing sword, the fire, and the Planet who mostly listened anyways and hardly ever spoke back. As he was about to enter the bar, his cell phone rang, and as he looked down at it he sighed. It was John, or whatever his name was. In fact he didn't have a real name, it was just an alias that he went by. Mark let it go to voice mail, and ordered a drink. As he put it up to his ear to listen, he couldn't help but shake his head.

The dumb ass was drunk. Really drunk. So far gone that Mark wasn't even sure he was speaking proper English. What he did manage to pick up out of what he said was "Junon" and "RIGHT AWAY". The rest was garbled nonsense that Mark had no patience to deal with. Regardless of whether he was intoxicated or not, it seemed rather urgent, so rather than spend his gil on another drink, he downed the rest of his drink and left to go get transportation to Junon. Mark fumed in his mind about it considering the trip would probably cost him all the gil he made that day considering Junon was quite a bit away from Midgar. While he thought about it, he realized that he really needed some other job, because while his skill with fortune telling or "tinkering" as John liked to say was just barely paying the bills, he couldn't really afford to do much or travel much. No time for friends, no time for anything else. He could always try John's profession he supposed...

He arrived at the station and quickly got on paying his fare ticket. He picked an empty seat, which there were plenty as this was a night train, and looked out the window, his light golden eyes reflecting back at him in the mirror. He then laid his chin on his fist and began to dose off as the train sped off into the night.

His phone vibrating and ringing awoke Mark, and he looked down to see that John had just called him again and left another voice message, this one, much clearer and more to the point. He stated he would be in Junon and at the Mercenary Office. Most likely looking for more work because he had spent it all on booze no doubt. The train at that moment pulled into the Junon train station right on time. Mark got up and placed his sword Voix du Ciel onto his back and stretched his muscles from sitting too long. After getting off the train he immediately headed for the Mercenary Office, where he hoped John would still be. Within a few minutes, his question was answered as he saw him standing at one of the clerk windows asking for a job. As he silently stood behind him he looked at the clerk.

"Hopefully you have a job for two?"
WC:647
EXP:64

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squall Leonhart

Level : 10
Male Posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Current Event: Pride Before the...[Mark]
Current BGM:

The Mercenary Guild was full of all kinds of interesting individuals, most of them stopping by after successful missions to collect their pays, and a few others having failed on their quests and being the mockery of the rest. At this point, the Anonymous man wasn’t exactly recognized within the guild, but he was slowly creating a reputation for himself, one or two of the other mercenaries in there would look his way, as if they knew just what he had been up to, or at least heard something about it.
The moment you asked for a job, Mark approached the clerk as well, he looked at you both and thought for a second, the simple mess that was been created by so many people in the guild was making him a bit confused, after all, clerks were not the smartest people in the world. However, he seemed to know exactly what you were after, or at least had some selection of jobs within his records.

“As a matter of fact...we have a few jobs that you might be interested in” He said as he pulled out three different folders, for some reason, they were different than most of the jobs you would usually see at a place like this. Posters with rewards and a description of the job were what normally would be seen, but, this guy had just pulled three, rather full folders and set them on the desk in front of him. However, he looked at you and waved you to come with him to his office behind the desk, this was a bit different than what you would expect. “Come with me”

You would enter a rather silent room, as if all the ruckus from the Guild’s office had been instantly went quite, in the room, you would see a desk at the center, with two chairs on one side and a third in front of them, the room had no windows and a single door, the one you entered through, was everything there was. He sat down and slammed the folders on the desk.

“Sit, I think you two are a bit more suitable for these jobs than most of the people that come here” He said as he took out a smoke and lit it up, a small duct at the top started sucking in the fumes coming from it, he took out a bottle of rum from within his jacket and set it on the table, taking a sip from it “Take some, if you wish”
As he did, he opened all three folders, and started with the explanation of the jobs.

“This first mission has been with us for about three months now, at first, I sent anyone who was interested on it, but none of them have returned, I even heard Milgar was killed...in a not very pretty way” He chuckled, sucked on his smoke and blew some more fumes into the duct

“Interestingly enough, we got this mission via letter, a Moogle came with it and...The end goal is to retrieve some ancient relic in possession of a museum in Burmecia...the problem is, rumor says a legendary Dragon Knight protects such relic...” He took a sip from the bottle and shook his head, letting out a small chuckle.

“The second one, this was pretty interesting as it requires a journey into an ancient temple in the Calm Lands, it was supposed to be sealed but, apparently, someone, somehow has opened it. According to these files, there’s another relic...” he stopped and shook his head Man, what’s with all these relic hunts coming on now, anyways, it appears another relic is in this place and they are interested in getting it”

“Lastly, this third one is a bit more straightforward and contrary to the other two. Someone has asked for a bodyguard. Apparently, this person is paying a hefty amount of gil in order to hire two bodyguards for his travel from Lindblum to Figaro Castle, who knows what he’s expecting, because the Gil reward is rather large.”
He closed the folders and looked at you two, “Well, which one will it be?”

Pick One:
- Burmecian Relic
- Calm Lands Relic
- Bodyguard Job

In all three, try ending your posts heading towards the center of Junon

Character Stats
Class(s): Human/Knight   Level: 10
::=:: HP 1,825  ::=:: Strength: 1600 (+800 Weapon Damage) ::=:: MP 1,250 ::=:: Defense: 500 ::=:: Magic 500  ::=:: Speed:900 ::=:: Magic Defense 800 (+200 Magic Defense)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No Name

Level : 7

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Current BGM:

Mark would arrive, but be treated with less than a grunt for acknowledgement. The anonymous swordsman had to pick a job for himself, or rather Mark now since the tinker had thought to include himself in it. " Of course he did, he came down from Midgar...and lets face it that little hobby of his doesn't make him much money. Don't even know why he splits off...he should just partner up full time". But then to each was their own path to walk, the one that caught his eye the most was the notice about the relic from Burmacia. There was a brief flashback to a place of rain, it was wet...cold...southern part of the mist continent. He had been there before but for the life of him couldn't recall what he had done there....the people there were different, almost like anthropomorphic rodents.

Still there was something about this job and Burmecia that drew him more than any of the other jobs, there was the image of a temple in his mind...colossi 40 feet tall. It was almost mystical, " We'll take the one in Burmucia". He didn't know if Mark had ever been to the place on his travels, and honestly even if they hadn't they would probably still need some directions to get there from the Mist Continents Guild. Whilst No Name knew that he had been there, he also knew that he was missing something important from his time in that city. For all he knew he could have married one of the rat girls before dying and forgetting the whole thing. Regardless he would take a copy of the job information and turn over to Mark.

" Thanks for comin' Tinker, think I met the girl you were talkin bout"

He would raise a hand up that roughly interpreted her height. " Bout yey high, doesn't speak a word of...anything?....and has virtually no respect for laws, mannerisms, jobs or even social decency". Of course he didn't mention the moogle, but then Mark hadn't really told him anything about that in their last meeting, he had only mentioned in that reading of his that No Name was an immortal man with two destinies before him. He would either meet his end at the hands of woman of naked heart, and whose tongue spoke no lies. (Of course, No Name was one to believe that pretty much anything that came out of a person's mouth was a lie at some point or another, so her silence was one way to interpret that truth). Or he would live on, till his memories disappeared, and even as the world ended he would continue as a feral destroyer.

Still he didn't know how much credit to give either of those destinies...but the idea of losing everything and going berserk..that was quite possible. "...Well I guess I could split this money with ya, 60/40...More than you'd get on the streets...". With that he'd leave the Guild office and head towards the center of town awaiting Mark's reply concerning the girl.

EXP:51
LPWC:5723/7000

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Illyria

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:06 pm

Current Event: Pride before the fall
Current BGM:

He received John's usual grunt of acknowledgement which Mark expected. After all, the nameless man wasn't much for pleasantries. Mark simply nodded as John accepted the job in Burmecia, he trusted his judgement. The thing that caught his attention however was John's reaction to hearing Burmecia, it was as if he zoned out for a bit and went a bit tense. Perhaps he had remembered something? Who knew, or perhaps he was just making something out of nothing, after all, he was rather drunk last night.

As John turned around to face him, he thanked him and then mentioned the girl. Mark lifted an eyebrow as he lifted up his hand to compare her height and then described her to the tee. Mark would nod his head. He had mentioned the girl to him the first time they saw each other since he last remembered because they were together once all the time, and when he had first met them he had read their Fates and paths. He had gotten No Name's attention by mentioning that he could go down either two paths, the one of ending and the one never ending. Alpha, had a much different fate. It was bizarre because the two were connected by fate but knew little about what that fate was. Mark didn't even know, he just knew that with certain paths taken there were horrible consequences that led to thing that Mark was sworn by his bloodline to prevent...

"It would seem... that your destinies are intertwined even still..."

Mark would start to walk along side No Name."Her name is Alpha, and I've yet to see her. If what Fate says is true... she will be a major player in the events of this world...", he would then smirk, "Not that you believe in any of my readings anyway- though I haven't been proven wrong yet... Regardless...keep an eye on her, as will I if I see her. If you don't mind, I'm going to travel with you for a bit."

Voix du Ciel would ring out in agreement. Surely No Name would remember his sentient sword, who communicated through rings and sometimes through telepathy. It was also a medium through which he could better communicate with the Planet. It had helped them work together in more than one occasion. If not, then it would come to him sooner or later. Regardless, he needed to focus more on these two and he needed to do what he could to keep events regarding them from happening... As he tried to think back to what though...all he saw was fire.

As they reached the center of town he would bring up pay as far as the job would go. Mark would nod in agreement to his terms, as he did pick the job and it was likely through his renown that they even got the job in the first place. He would look toward John at that moment inquisitively.

"So Burmecia then...what made you choose that one?"

TWC:1142
Total EXP:113

Back to top Go down
View user profile
No Name

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:31 pm

Current BGM:

Mark as a man was all about fate, the future and the could be's. No Name on the other hand prefered to live in the present, to him there was no discernible past that he could remember...and for him there was no future either. To most people they had an idea of the road that they were on, they would grow up, make a family grow old and eventually die. Some would be satisfied with this, some not....but him...there was nothing like this in his life. All he had was this never ending road, one that brought him around in a circle again and again, the unbreakable cycle of life death and rebirth.

Now however the man had at least a name to put to the girl's face, " Alpha". He would repeat to himself almost as if trying to scour the memory into his mind as to not forget next he died. " I don't mind, an extra sword is always handy...'specially one that can think for itself". No Name's sword, he'd named it after the very thing that he could never reach. Nirvana. Though unlike Mark's his sword held no true name, nor consciousness...it was simply a sword, a weapon to execute his will. The next topic though moved onto his little pause when it came to Burmecia, there wasn't much that didn't get by this tinker was there?

"You tell me tinker boy, you got the cards...do a read on me.....ack...I got a memory, not much of one...Rain, cold....a temple...statues...some random feelin's.....Sadness, joy....but nothin really I could make sense of...I figure...maybe if I know somethin of my past...I'd have an idea of what to do with my future...".

He'd wait to see if Mark actually did a read, before replying again with something more akin to his mercenary attitude. "...That and they got a monarchy, rat people are loaded".

EXP:31
LPWC:6036/7000

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Illyria

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:53 pm

Current Event: Pride before The Fall
Current BGM:

Mark's question received the expected amount of sass from the witty mercenary, however eventually he relented. He said it was due to some memory he had, and thought he would try to explore it. Mark would ponder what he had said for a moment.

Burmecia was known for two things, primarily the species of humanoid rats who populated the southern lands and dragons, which Mark knew Burmecia for. He remembered that he had sought the power of Dragons in the last world, but such knowledge was no longer known to him in this world. Regardless, it was their destination, and there they would most likely find some connection to nameless swordsman. The question was what? He could only merely speculate at the moment, unless he used his cards or asked the Planet. Mark would nod in agreement finally to John's answer. If there was a connection to be made, then it would be best to go, and perhaps unravel some of the mysteries surrounding John. Perhaps they could find out what to do next from going there- plus he made a good point about the money, which would be needed regardless.

At the moment he wouldn't do a read, considering No Name's defensive attitude towards his reads, which Mark understood. His fate wasn't always the best. Instead he would give his usual barely a smile.

" Peace friend... I won't pry- but I do agree with your thoughts. Let us make our way to Burmecia then, lead the way..."

TWC:1390
Total EXP:137
LPWC:1390/7000

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squall Leonhart

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Current BGM:
[b]
The clerk was rather surprised at the election you took, the Burmecian mission was a rather old one, no one had even asked about it in those three months, and they knew it was a dead end, with the key word being dead. However, the clerk simply nodded, handed you the contract, then took it and stashed it on his side and handed you the instructions on how to get to Burmecia, it wasn’t going to be so difficult as it would take a simple flight to get there, but something was waiting in the shadow, something that would soon show it’s face to you both.

As you walked through the highly militarized city of Junon, an odd feeling of being watched came all over you two, it was odd, nothing before had ever felt this way and the sounds of machines and chatter of strangers could not shake off that feeling at all. It was as if a shadow, a nightmare had just attached itself to you and had been traveling alongside for a while now. However, as soon as you stopped for a moment, as soon as the shadows of buildings could no longer conceal anyone, he showed himself. Behind you, a man with short, spiky hair stood, in both his hands, handguns were held, he wore a military vest, probably Kevlar and googles, and he certainly looked trained enough to hold a fight with you both.

“Stay out of Burmecia, that Gil is mine...” He said as he cocked his guns, pointing them at you, it seemed that the mission you had picked had already started bringing problems to you, the first of which was just another mercenary trying to cash in on the prize.

Name: ?????
HP: ?????/?????
MP:?????/?????

Scan to unlock: 1 Action required
Strength: ?????
Defense: ?????
Magic: ?????
Magic Defense: ?????
Speed: ?????

Scan to unlock: 1 Action Required

Abilities
Marksman Shot: ?????
Bullet Curse: ?????
Haunting: ?????

Magic:
?????
?????
?????

Actions:
1. None
2. None

Character Stats
::=:: HP 1,825  ::=:: Strength: 1600 (+800 Weapon Damage) ::=:: MP 1,250 ::=:: Defense: 500 ::=:: Magic 500  ::=:: Speed:900 ::=:: Magic Defense 800 (+200 Magic Defense)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No Name

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:27 pm

Equipment:
Nirvana(level2, +150ATK +75Def)
Cellphone

Stats:
Level: 5
Limit Gauge: 40%
HP:900/900
MP:325/395
Strength: 600 [+150]
Defense: 600 [+75]
Magic: 400
Magic Defense: 300
Speed: 300

Combat Abilities:
Passive:
Karma I
Positive Karma lvl1:  Gains protect status when in possession of 1 positive karma point,
Negative Karma lvl1: DMG output increases by +50, but defense is also reduced by -50 when in possession of 1 negative karma point.

Karma II
Positive Karma lvl2:  Gains haste status and guard is reinforced by +50 when in possession of 2 positive karma points
Negative Karma lvl2: Gains haste status, and attack power increases by a further +20%  when in possession of 2 negative karma points
MP Cost: 25 per point

Reincarnation
Damage: 0
Additional Effects: Autolife (Only useable once per battle)
MP Cost:All MP consumed upon resurrection

Combo Multiplier
Damage:0
Additional Effects: Adds additional Karma equal to the number earned consecutively during a turn by the same action.

Active
Empty Sky Form: Void Advance
Damage: Damage is equal to  20% of the opponents attack + normal damage.
Additional Effects: None
MP Cost: 15

Empty Sky Form: Void Shredder
Damage: +150DMG
Additional Effects: Healing magic /abilities/ items are reduced in effectiveness by 50% until dmg is totally undone.
MP Cost:90

Empty Sky Form: Void Advance II
Damage: Damage = 20% of Opponents Damage + Normal attack + 300
Additional Effects: N/A
MP Cost:250

Limit Break
Ruinous Omen
Damage: +300dmg all enemies
Additional Effects:Instantly grants 6 negative karma points when used

Magic

-Cure

Actions:

The feeling of being watched, it was a paranoia that often kept someone alive. It wasn't long after the two had reached the center of the town that he would encounter the first roadblock on their trip. It was strange though, the clerk in the guild had mentioned that no one had touched this job in a long time, which meant if what this Mercenary said was true...he had either claimed the job himself a long time ago and had no success, or there was something else going on entirely.

None the less No Name was used to competition between Mercs, though most of the time they'd just team up and take a cut as opposed to trying to gun down the competition. Regardless, this wasn't a situation that was going to be negotiated, No Name could feel the aggressive intent from here and would react in kind. He drew Nirvana and without warning to Mark would rush into battle against the enemy slashing down with his blade, as he felt the cut run through flesh the rush of Karmatic energy would burst through him. This carried into the next blow which involved a spinning cut, ending with a kick to the opponents chest to knock him back. With the second cut his energy would soar, he felt the power...the anger, the rage...the passion. All of it would surround him in a red aura,for Mark a sign of degradation a possible fate. "....Gil?...GIL!?....The only gil you'll be getting will be on your eyes!".Filled with rage and power from his negative karma No Name would rush forwards jumping and slashing recklessly at the other Mercenary.

Two silvers for the ferryman!

1, Attack: 210dmg, 1 -Karma gained (25mp), Atk increased by +50

2, Attack: 260dmg, 1 -Karma gained (25mp) Atk increased by 20%

3, Attack:312dmg, 1 -Karma gained (25mp) Atk increased by 20%

Combo Multiplier Activated: Additional 3 Karma gained, Atk increases by 60%

Current Karma Status: -6 Karma, Personality: Sadistic. Atk Bonus = 50 +100% atk increase, Def reduced by 300

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Illyria

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:10 pm

"And so it begins..."

Equipment:
Voix du Ciel:Or Voice of the Sky is a sword that Mark had crafted from his father's legendary great-sword Voix de la Terra to better suit his quicker fighting style. Because of this it has the powers of the old blade which includes telepathy between wielder and blade. Along with this it further amplification of the connection of the Planet. Along with this is it being indestructible due to metals within the blade. [Level 2][+175 Strength][+25 to MP][+50 Magic]
-Tarot Cards
-Mother's Ring

Stats:
Lv. 5
HP:600
MP:450 [+25]

• Strength: 500 [+175]
  • Defense: 400
  • Magic:400 [+50]
  • Magic Defense: 100
  • Speed: 400

Combat Abilities:

Level 1 Slots:
Sky Slash

• Description: Charging energy into the blade he slashes out at the enemy causing the wind to swirl and slice the opponent.
  • Damage: 50 DMG
  • Additional Effects: None
    MP Cost: 30 MP

Prayer

• Description: Mark utters a small prayer to the Planet, calling for protection.
  • Damage: None
  • Additional Effects: Gains protect status.
    MP Cost: Leave Blank

Major Arcana VIII :Fortitude

• Description: Mark throws the card Fortitude up in the air, as he does a golden glyph appears behind him and from it a huge lion appears. It's roar fills Mark and his party up with strength.
  • Damage: [+250 to the Strength stat]
  • Additional Effects: When used in battle with Major Arcana XI Justice and Major Arcana XIV Temperence the party gets a +300 stat boost for ALL stats. These connect because they are three of the 4 Cardinal Virtues in the Major Arcana.
    MP Cost:[Deliberating]

Magic
Level 1 Slots
-Cure
-Thunder
-Haste

Level 2 Slots
- Cura
- Thundara

Actions:

The shadows would seem to move and almost suffocate them as they moved through the militarized city of Junon towards their flight. As he felt he was being watched, Voix du Ciel would ring sensing a malevolent presence. Though this was a good indicator that Mark wasn't being paranoid he couldn't quite pinpoint where this presence was or who it was at all. And as they walked it would seem that it would make its presence known. It was a beast of a man with spikey hair and he was armed to the teeth. While Mark had seen worse, he could see that this man wouldn't go down without a fight, especially since himself and John were a threat to the gil he claimed as his. Mark would draw his blade, but then quickly out of his peripheral sees that John leaps into battle. As he attacked the man, Mark would notice a red aura around him which, if memory served, was often a bad sign. The sign of him going down the wrong road of the prophesy and also he noticed he became less civilized than usual and became more bestial in nature.

"Gaia...protect us..."

He would utter a small prayer and as soon as he did they would both feel the influence of the Planet as it wrapped them in it's embrace, warding off harm from the two mercenaries. If the man attacked it would only enrage No Name more, causing his nature to degrade even more. Mark had to prevent this from happening. He moved quickly and ran towards the two hoping to put himself between the two and calm No Name down, if only a little so he regained his humanity. Certainly he didn't want to protect their enemy but just pacify No Name.

"Haste..." As he said the word his speed would match his ally and he would put himself between No Name and their mysterious enemy.

"Don't lose yourself John..." as he twirled around, No Name would likely notice lightning building in his hand, Voix du Ciel glimmering in the other, and as Mark would face the enemy he would unleash a spear of lightning at the evil mercenary.

"Thundara..."

• Action 1: Prayer: Protect status on the party
  • Action 2: Haste: Haste status for three turns
  • Action 3: Thundara: 290 DMG

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squall Leonhart

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:16 am

Current BGM:
[b]

Abilities

Magic:
?????
?????
?????

Actions:
1. This enemy wasn't a very normal one, apparently, he was smarter than one would think, and as No Name and Mark began their battle, he quickly realized the strategy he would attempt to use. Maybe it was smart, maybe it wasn't, but he was going to target the one who apparently was able to keep people alive. Mark. "You have no idea what you are getting yourselves into" With that, he took out his guns, the attacks given had staggered him and his body showed signs of damage, however, he was still able to point his guns at Mark and press the triggers, the bullets flew through the battlefield and impacted onto Mark's shoulders, pain running through his system.

Marksman Shot: 300 DMG on Mark. Powerbreak inflicted.(-50% Strength)

2. After his first attack, he shifted his attention to No Name, he holstered one of his guns and rose his hand, pointing it at him, the magic flow shot through his palm towards No Name, starting to drain the life force off him and into him, it was obvious though that the strength on his magic was way weaker than the power of his guns.

Drain: 150 DMG on No Name. 50% HP Restored.

Character Stats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No Name

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:53 am

Equipment:
Cellphone

Stats:
Level: 5
Limit Gauge: 50%
HP:750/900
MP:250/395

Combat Abilities:
Passive:
Karma I
Positive Karma lvl1:  Gains protect status when in possession of 1 positive karma point,
Negative Karma lvl1: DMG output increases by +50, but defense is also reduced by -50 when in possession of 1 negative karma point.

Karma II
Positive Karma lvl2:  Gains haste status and guard is reinforced by +50 when in possession of 2 positive karma points
Negative Karma lvl2: Gains haste status, and attack power increases by a further +20%  when in possession of 2 negative karma points

Reincarnation

Combo Multiplier
Additional Effects: Adds additional Karma equal to the number earned consecutively during a turn by the same action.

Active

Additional Effects: Healing magic /abilities/ items are reduced in effectiveness by 50% until dmg is totally undone.

Limit Break
Ruinous Omen

Magic

-Cure

Actions:

Despite the vicious attacks from the nameless swordsman the gunner appeared less concerned with him and more interested in Mark. Perhaps he was foolish enough to believe that No Name actually -needed- Mark to survive this fight? This insinuation was almost enough to make him turn around and cut the head right off his partner. But the words from the Tinker kept him from doing so, he called him by that name...the fake name....told him not to lose himself.

Perhaps that was enough to put him past it, instead he focused his rage on the gunner unleashing another series of powerful slashes that only increased his rage and attack power even further.

1, Attack: 410dmg, 1 -Karma gained (25mp), Atk increased by +20%

2, Attack: 492dmg, 1 -Karma gained (25mp) Atk increased by 20%

3, Attack:590dmg, 1 -Karma gained (25mp) Atk increased by 20%

Current Karma Status: -6 Karma, Personality: Sadistic. Atk Bonus = 50 +220% atk increase, Def reduced by 600

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Illyria

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Equipment:
Voix du Ciel:Or Voice of the Sky is a sword that Mark had crafted from his father's legendary great-sword Voix de la Terra to better suit his quicker fighting style. Because of this it has the powers of the old blade which includes telepathy between wielder and blade. Along with this it further amplification of the connection of the Planet. Along with this is it being indestructible due to metals within the blade. [Level 2][+175 Strength][+25 to MP][+50 Magic]
-Tarot Cards
-Mother's Ring

Stats:
Lv. 5
HP:450/600
MP:345/450 [+25]

• Strength: 500 [Power Break=250] [+175]
  • Defense: 400
  • Magic:400 [+50]
  • Magic Defense: 100
  • Speed: 400

Combat Abilities:

Level 1 Slots:
Sky Slash

• Description: Charging energy into the blade he slashes out at the enemy causing the wind to swirl and slice the opponent.
  • Damage: 120 DMG
  • Additional Effects: None
    MP Cost: 75 MP

Prayer

• Description: Mark utters a small prayer to the Planet, calling for protection.
  • Damage: None
  • Additional Effects: Gains protect status.
    MP Cost: 40 MP

Major Arcana VIII :Fortitude

• Description: Mark throws the card Fortitude up in the air, as he does a golden glyph appears behind him and from it a huge lion appears. It's roar fills Mark and his party up with strength.
  • Damage: [+250 to the Strength stat]
  • Additional Effects: When used in battle with Major Arcana XI Justice and Major Arcana XIV Temperence the party gets a +300 stat boost for ALL stats. These connect because they are three of the 4 Cardinal Virtues in the Major Arcana.
    MP Cost: 100 MP

Magic
Level 1 Slots
-Cure
-Thunder
-Haste

Level 2 Slots
- Cura
- Thundara

Limit Break: Simfonia Di Mille Lacrima (Symphony of a Thousand Tears)
Limit Gauge: 10%
Description: Powerful energy builds up in Voix du Ciel, causing strong gales to blow around Mark, when unleashing the power within the sword, a thousand slashes of wind attack the enemy, ravaging all enemies on the field spraying the field with blood.
Damage:300 DMG
Additional Effects:The move inflicts the Pain status for one turn.

Actions: As the gunner would shoot at his shoulders the gunman would notice something off, a distortion of sorts- it was almost as if the bullets slowed their approach as they hit Mark's shoulders. Enough to cause pain of course, but not as much as a blow as what could have happened. This would be the Planet watching over him. While it did soften the blow of the bullets, he felt his strength drain from him. He quickly jumped backwards and assessed the enemy's movements- he used a spell known to Mark, Drain towards his ally. Unfortunately the Planet would not protect him from the dark magic and he would have some of his life force drained from him to replenish the enemy. Mark would note his ally's demeanor becoming more and more primal, though he looked at Mark with fury it seemed that his words earlier had staved his rage off from him- however as he went back on the offensive Mark would assess his demeanor getting worse and worse, his rage was feeding his power- but it made him more dangerous to himself and everyone else around as well.

"John! You're getting too far gone...you must stop before you lose your humanity!"

He would hope his words would calm him down and get him to fight with thought rather than brute force and rage. As for Mark himself, he could see the man weakening if he was already trying to heal himself, he would keep up the attack, at least with No Name's rage they were bringing the guy down fast, it could only be a matter of time...

With that he would charge energy in Voix du Ciel and unleash a barrage of slashes, the wind energy around the man if hit would rend gashes on the extremities of his body.

1, Sky Slash 120+175+25=320 DMG -70 MP
2. Sky Slash 320 DMG -70 MP
3. Sky Slash 320 DMG -70 MP

960 DMG total
-210 MP
135/475 MP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squall Leonhart

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:54 pm

Current BGM:
[b]

Abilities

Magic:
?????
?????
?????

Actions:
1. That last round of attacks certainly proved to be damaging for the man attacking you, his body showed injuries well beyond recovery at this point, blood across his body stained his clothes and the floor below him, he was gasping for air at this point and could not stand properly, it seemed you had gotten him to the brink of death, but he still had some energy left, he looked at No Name, who by now the man realized was stronger than he thought at first, he rose his right hand and mustered everything he could to make this last shot.

Bullet Curse: 300 DMG on No Name. Poison inflicted.  

2. "I made a mistake...but it will haunt you forever...you will not prevent his rise..." he lifted his hand and mumbled something in a language you could not understand, his body burst in a purple fire for a moment, which was transferred to no name, but it didn't burn, it didn't even hurt, what exactly was this thing?

Haunting: ????? on No Name.

[/color]

Character Stats
Back to top Go down
View user profile
No Name

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:26 am

Equipment:
Cellphone

Stats:
Level: 7
Limit Gauge: 60%
HP:500/900
MP:250/395

Combat Abilities:
Passive:
Karma I

Karma II

Reincarnation

Combo Multiplier

Active

Limit Break
Ruinous Omen

Magic

-Cure

Actions:

The man's actions were strange, though it looked as if indeed he was close to death. That made him happy, he couldn't wait to cleave that head from the shoulders and march down the street with it in his hands. His words at this point mattered little to the frenzied swordsman all he cared about as ending it. A bullet hit his shoulder which seemed to pump some kind of poison into him, but all that did was flare his rage even further. A strange purple fire surrounded the man but well...fire wasn't solid...it wasn't going to stop him from attempting to cut out the mans heart...and thats precisely what he would do.

1, Attack: 656dmg, 1 -Karma gained (25mp), Atk increased by +20%

2, Attack: 786dmg, 1 -Karma gained (25mp) Atk increased by 20%

3, Attack:942dmg, 1 -Karma gained (25mp) Atk increased by 20%

Current Karma Status: -9 Karma, Personality: Sadistic. Atk Bonus = 50 +310% atk increase, Def reduced by 900

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pride Before the...[Mark]   

Back to top Go down

Pride Before the...[Mark]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1