End of the Road
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Celt Amuruaien

An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- Empty
PostSubject: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:12 am

Zanarkand Ruins

Well, okay. Celt hadn't really come here to make any kind of real oath, he just had very few places to go and even fewer things to do with himself at this point, so he had ultimately come to the conclusion that the ruins of his old home were the best place to go for the time being. Because, why not? Yawning widely, Celt simply kept his gaze where it had been for the last several hours now; up at the sky. Much as the way had been in the last two iterations of Gaia that Celt had lived through coming here actually yielded very little to do, so he had eventually made his way to the roof of one of the buildings that had actually been left standing after the rise of Sin, and decided to just lie himself down, put his hands behind his head and gaze up at the sky for no real reason in particular.

Sure, there was the odd fiend roaming the ruins as there always was. But right now, despite his usual penchant for finding a good challenge, he quite simply wasn't in the mood to face any of them. After everything that he had seen towards the end of the last world, things had very slowly started to add up to The Warrior of Shadows and that had caused him to fall very deeply into thought shortly after finding his way to this iteration of Gaia. He had done some research after coming here, and had discovered that the Amuruaien bloodline had not persisted as it had done in the last two iterations of Gaia. And while various major events had played out as normal without the influence of his bloodline -which was hardly shocking- that meant that there was a chance that things here could be different.

"Pfft, but what do I care?"
He mumbled to himself. After all he had lived through now; and after all he had learned, and started to learn through such experiences Celt already knew that; somehow, the world would find a way to cause things to play out. To him it wasn't a particularly great revelation, nor was it particularly bothering to him. After all, he could very simply find refuge in one of the many demon worlds, despite his state of un-life and his bond to The Blight, he would likely be welcomed by his fellow demons... but then again, where was the fun in that?

"If the world is fucked, why not have some fun first?"
He mused to himself out loud, finally shifting himself into a sitting position in order to lazily look over the ruins of the once great city. Of course, he would still go where the challenge went, that part of him would never change, since life was just boring without a good fight every now and again. But this time, there would likely be an almost complete absence of seriousness in every visit to whatever world-changing events he happened across -not much of a change, but in the last two iterations of Gaia that he had lived through he had at least had the odd moment of seriousness- besides, such an attitude would only make all kinds of sense; after all, since there would undoubtedly be some variety of "Union" -a title he still used very loosely- taking the whole "super serious outlook" thing to the extreme. He chuckled to himself as he finally got himself to his feet, oh, the mind-set of kids on some kind of holier-than-thou, the worldz-are-doomed trip was often so entertaining that it had started becoming the sole reason that he had even started attending those so-called "world-altering events" at all. Those kids had taken things far too seriously.

Well, whatever. Celt knew that the time would eventually come where he would have to interact with such children under the very deluded belief that they were being heroes. But for now, he was going to focus on himself... he absently wondered if the asylum was present on this iteration of Gaia, as well.

-[Word Count: 681]-
-[Thread Total: 681]-
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
MAL

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 5:24 pm

Current Event:Sweet Dreams
BGM:

Madness comes to every mind in a different way, sometimes its approach is unseen, unheard...slow and encroaching as it consumes the mind. Others though madness is obvious, a quick snap, the pull of a lever. One moment you are there, sane and the next gone. Sometimes its said that just one bad day can change a person irrevocably, if this is the case then what about 10 bad days? 100? 1000? This was the reality that Celt Amuruaien had ultimately dealt with, the warrior of shadows had lived through two incarnations of the same world, had caused the destruction of one, and saved the rest.

Or at least that's what he thought.

On Gaia #2 his sacrifice was nameless, unknown and ultimately little more than a delaying tactic. What was most important about this man though was that whilst it was too late to save the second Gaia, his actions in the end had given others a fighting chance...it was said that if he had not done what he had did. If he did not accept doom unto himself, then this world...the third. Would not even have existed. Last we saw the Shadow Warrior he had sealed the entrance to the Asylum and dove into the fight wielding his mighty Origin Strain against the blight turned keeper of the universal madhouse Dorian and the legions behind him.

Celt's power and skill were unmatched, and yet even as he slew thousands of the Blighted Abominations, more simply seemed to pour in without end. Till finally on the mountainous corpses of fallen he and Dorian, now known as the Manifest Charon clashed. This fight was not a fight that Celt could win, Dorian was immortal, and each time he struck down Charon it would rise again minutes, hours or days later. Each time he was killed the process would be longer, and Celt would gain more of a rest...more time to heal.

But precisely what mind could withstand such torment? To sleep upon mountains of darkness and death, to know that you were trapped, disallowed even the release of death. None. Not even Celt. Two years had passed as he slept on the peaks of rotting gore, and perhaps like before his sleep was a kind of release...a way for his mind and body to deal with things, to for awhile forget the stark reality.

The Asylum existed on this gaia, it existed on all Gaias. And he, the blighted one....was in the middle of it, a crown of smeared blood on his forehead, and a throne of dead eyes and bone.

" Its time to wake up"

A voice would whisper in his dream, dragging him back to reality...

[ Awaken in the Asylum].

Back to top Go down
https://theroadends.forumotion.com
Celt Amuruaien

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:35 am

"It's time to wake up."

All at once the scene around Celt dissolved as an oddly familiar voice spoke to him. Memories of time spent in seemingly endless battle against the hordes of former Asylum occupants flooded back into his mind, already closed eyes scrunched themselves shut even tighter as the memories of those battle gave way to intense battles against the old man, and then to brief periods of rest before resuming, only to end again almost endlessly.

Celt drew in a sharp breath as his eyes snapped open upon the memory of the last battle drawing to its conclusion. He looked down at his body and watched as in small clouds of red-and-black smoke whatever wounds his incorporeal flesh had sustained seemed to simply evaporate. Celt chuckled and remained seated as he slowly looked around the room he had woken up in. His form was still covered with the blood of those he had already killed. And he sat upon the throne of carrion that the corpses of the slain blighted monsters had created for him as their bodies had piled up. The entire episode had been long-running and endless fun for The Warrior of Shadows, yet, upon waking this time he couldn't help but feel that something was off.

It was far too quiet, and the old man was nowhere to be seen. Both were signs that would usually warrant the use of caution, from Celt's experience when the old man was absent it usually meant that he was somehow planning something new. Not that such a shift in tactics had ever bothered Celt before, but it usually meant that the indestructible old man had, had more time to lick his wounds than Celt would normally allow him. The faster he was able to put that thing back into hibernation, the better, while the almost endless conflict had started off exciting the idea of a foe that could not be killed, yet still managed to continually lose to him was a foe that got boring very quickly.

Rising to his feet, Celt took an extra moment to carefully examine the large room he was still in, it was the remnants of a large elevator that was no longer operational. Celt had picked it as his main sight for combat simply because it had offered room to move around in, and thus had allowed him to perform combat more effectively. If he recalled correctly, the majority of the power to this facility had died down quite some time ago. The sirens were no longer wailing their endless alerts, and the lights were now dimmed to an exhausted little flicker. If he had to guess, Celt would have said that the Asylum was somehow running off of some variety of backup -not that he would dare to guess how- if such a guess was accurate, it was likely that the Asylum wouldn't remain sealed off from other worlds for a great deal longer.

Could that have been the reason behind the old man's retreat? Did a little something of his former self remain to know such signs? Celt couldn't be sure, but he wasn't about to let this ting escape without a fight. Not for the sake of any other worlds that may still exist, but due to the fact that, no matter how boring the indestructible foe was, an odd kind desire burned within him to really try and test the limits of this creature's apparent indestructibility.

"So... let's begin the next round then, old man."
Celt muttered to himself with a smirk, wherever the old man was hiding, Celt would find him sooner or later. If his memory served him correctly, the two of them had, more than once partaken in some quite enthralling games of cat-and-mouse, since their endless conflict here had started. Jumping down from the top of the carrion throne Celt rolled his shoulders, already looking forward to the next line-up. Whatever happened, Celt was going to make sure that he had fun.

-[Word Count: 669]-
-[Thread Total:1,350]-
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
MAL

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:45 pm

BGM:

The flickering light of the asylum would provide little comfort for the Warrior of Shadows, clearly Dorian, or Charon as he was now called had also awakened. And yet, for whatever reason Celt's head remained firmly attached to the rest of his body. Blight Monsters, Manifests or otherwise did not tend to have mercy on those who didn't move, especially considering that Celt's origin strain drove whatever intellect there was out of them. None the less something -had- happened to the old man, and that warranted at least some investigation.

The trouble now with having no Blight Monsters to kill was that now Celt actually knew the scale of the asylum that he would have to wander. Before it had all been a haze of blood and gore, time and travel meant little when combat was in play. Then of course there was that familiar voice, it had been a long time since Celt had heard any voice of his own....well that and the voice of Pennywi-

Shit.

Well that was new, it seemed that the mysterious taunting voice had added a new song to his playlist. With the new song constantly looping in his head, and the odd hallucination of a crotch thrusting asian man as he walked by several cells Celt wuld be on his way to starting in the new world. At this point in time three options were clearly availible to him, the first was that he could hunt down the old man and find out what was going on. The second, find whatever power source ran this place and find out just how screwed the other worlds were about to be. And finally....the one constant this place had was the voice of Pennywise (loop starts again here), perhaps asking the semi Omnipotent nut case for some help might yield results?

Back to top Go down
Celt Amuruaien

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 11:12 am

The silence that he had woken up to this time around seemed to be more "complete" than previous times, whatever the reason behind that was could have hardly been considered "good" by any stretch of the imagination. Nevertheless, it left Celt with time enough to his own thoughts. Already the silence was allowing potential opportunities to present themselves to The Warrior of Shadows that the joy of battle had previously prevented.

Of course, the most obvious of them would be to find the remnants of the old man -or, now more accurately, to find Charon- and try to get some answers, though, in all likelihood it would just lead to another fight. And while such a prospect was not at all unappealing to Celt, now that he had some time to himself and was able to think, he knew that there were other things that he could be doing. Namely, trying to find his way the hell out of here.

Then there was what he had originally intended to do before the proverbial shit had hit the fan, and try to find whatever powered this place... Then again, while Celt was by no means an idiot, he was not really all that tech-friendly... at all. In fact, he had a strong feeling that if he ended up finding himself facing a room full of some kind of tech that his mentality would very rapidly become akin to: "any problem can be solved by hitting it" which, would likely not get him very far in... whatever it was he elected to do next.

Or, there was always that other guy, what was his name? Pennywi- Celt immediately found himself chuckling absently as he heard the unmistakable sound of music upon thinking of the name. Although the song was different this time, the intention behind it was clearly the same, add to that, that just out of his peripheral vision Celt could just about see odd-looking men doing some kind of pelvic thrusting motions in the various cells he walked past then it very rapidly became clear to Celt that Pennywise had stepped up his game to taunt people that said -or even just thought about- his name.

A small smirk quirked at the corners of Celt's lips, and with a wave of his hand, and in a flash of red-and-black smoke Celt was suddenly walking alongside an equally odd-looking man who had his arms extended out in front of himself as he walked with an exaggerated hopping motion in time with the music. Well, if there was one thing that Celt could get behind, it was a good taunt, so why not join in on this one?

His mind was made up. Walking with purpose, Celt decided that he would look for Pennywise. If he remembered correctly, the old man had said that Pennywise's cell had been relatively close to his own. Then again, the man had not occupied his cell, if the old man's description of Pennywise's abilities were to be believed... well, whatever the case, Celt would likely head there first, if nothing else, he might at least be able to find a way to contact Pennywise.

-[Word Count: 528]-
-[Thread Total: 1,878]-
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
MAL

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 3:13 pm

BGM:

The cell which formerly contained the bane of Dorian’s existence was different to any cell that Celt had seen before. In fact it didn’t look much like a cell at all, the moment he walked in he would be greeted by what looked like a modern penthouse apartment, there was a scent tangibly floating in the air that seemed to ensnare the senses, cooking though just what still remained a mystery. Around the apartment there were photographs of man, a woman and a….cat? Celt might also be perceptive enough to notice that the cat, and the man in the picture had the exact same yellow eyes.

None the less this was an odd circumstance for the warrior of shadows to find himself in, the place actually looked rather comfortable. There were of course other pictures…this time the identify of the man in the photo would become rather obvious. One picture had the man eating a chicken wing whilst punching out what appeared to be a massively overwhelming demonic enemy. Another pictured him and the cat sitting on a lounge chair as what appeared to be cake monsters rained from the sky to terrorize a village. Clearly, this was Pennywise( que 10 hour restart).

The Shadow Warrior would feel a hand on his right shoulder as a hand reached over and grasped another of the pictures, him dispersing a crowd of looters using a chainsaw. ” Ah good times…”. As the warrior of shadows would turn to face the man he would recognize him as the one from the photos, he was rather well dressed, it seemed that Celt had actually found what he was looking for. ” Not bad for a cell right?.....Dorian thought it would be easier to keep me here if he provided me with an eternity of a false life…..the very life I had been seeking all this time”. He opened his arms as he turned away heading towards one of the sofas. He would sit down and clasp his hands. ” He did the same thing to you didn’t he?....a false world that becomes more of a prison than any chain, any collar?....In truth for a long time I was rather content…..but in honesty despite it all being….perfect….its just too perfect….and that….that’s not what I was looking for”. He would chuckle to himself slightly.

” So Blight bringer…what can a humble Madness Demon do for you?”.

Back to top Go down
Celt Amuruaien

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:02 am

Compared to his own scarcely decorated cell, the cell of Pennywise could have very well been fit for some level of royalty, or for some kind of high-profile VIP. It was not a sight that The Warrior of Shadows had actually expected to see, especially after the way the old man had described Pennywise to Celt. Nevertheless, he took the opportunity to take a closer look at the place -his earlier created man still off doing his exaggerated hop-dance around the edge of the room- if only to get a sense of what this guy was really like. As odd as the scene already was the presence of photos throughout this luxury cell served to make the place that much more absurd. In fact, the most strikingly odd this about this place was how it appeared to be almost completely normal.

The photos that Celt got a look at started out fairly normal as well, a picture of a man, a woman, and a cat -he noticed even just at a glance, that the man and the cat had the same eyes, well, that was unsurprising, given his odd power to taunt people that spoke, or thought of his name by telepathically looping a single song for ten hours Celt could safely deduce that the man was clearly not human- however, the photos only seemed to get stranger after that. The pictures ranging from outlandish, all the way to Celt wondering just how exactly anyone would get such good pictures of such situations. As he found himself looking at a picture of the man he could now confidentially identify as Pennywise he suddenly felt a hand on his shoulder.

He turned to face the man as he spoke and simply nodded once in response to his first question. Yes, Celt had been similarly held in a false life, the only difference was that Celt had been held in a world of dreams as opposed to a life of luxury. Nevertheless, he smirked slightly, giving a light shrug.

"I was held in a world of dreams, myself. Pretty sure the old man attempted to keep me unaware of the fact, actually. Though, my cell was little more than a small room with a chair in it, and after looking at the other cells I can't say that I was expecting anything quite so... luxurious, especially here."
He eventually replied, however, he kept his other comments to a minimum, for the time being he was actually here for a reason. He remained standing, loosely clasping his hands behind his back as he had so frequently seen his brother do when he was about to discuss things of importance with another person.

"Me, I'm here for knowledge. When you technically survive two iterations of the same world you learn certain things. I'm certain that there I things I could say now to break the spirit of even the most determined hero-kid attempting to stand against 'the forcuss of evulz' I'm almost certain at this point, that, you hold knowledge similar to mine."
He stated casually. He had a strong feeling that this Pennywise already had several ways out of this place, and since Charon was the only foe left to be fought here, Celt knew that he would eventually get bored with only a single for to fight for a potential eternity... that was of course, provided that Charon hadn't already escaped itself.

"So, I'm certain that you already have ways to get out of here at a whim. I'm here simply to ask you 'how' you get out of here. I already know that there is another iteration of Gaia out there. And I seek a way out of here, and to there, if for no other reason than to have a little fun at the expense of the rest of the world."
He concluded calmly... clearly, he still had the ability to monologue down.

-[Word Count: 653]-
-[Thread Total:2,531]-
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
MAL

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:39 pm

BGM:

Pennywise would smirk at the first comment Celt made "...And what makes you think that this isn't a dank little cell?....do you think that the Asian man dancing in the corner of your eye is real?.....do you think that the smell of cooking from my kitchen is real?....". Now that indeed was a thought, Pennywise had identified himself as a demon of madness, a creature whose abilities and existence fed on the mental plane, the pictures...perhaps they were the best clue that this entire visage of a penthouse wasn't real....after all Penny had identified them as memories....and the idea of a picture being taken from those scenes was...laughable.

" Two iterations of the same world...things do seem to go on forever...or well at least they did. You though, you changed all that...There is A version of your world out there....but its the only one left....every single other one has already been devoured by the darkness that rests inside of you. Thing is, its not just this world and its iterations that are at threat....its everything"

He would clap his hands and stand up " You see, I'm not from this world, obviously....though when I say that I mean that I'm completely foreign to any iteration of this place....I came from a world that was..different there were people like us....Demons....then there were humans and well....then something happened....shit hit the fan when a force of pure malevolence invaded our realm...now me I'm a creature of chaos....for me it was fucking great right up till the point where it murdered everything and everyone....the world was a bit quiet if you know what I mean....I followed the darkness back until somehow I found myself in this world....and then Dorian snatched me up trying to contain me...and well you know how well THAT worked out". He would point at Celt " Thing is I suspect that what killed my world came from here, and from what I've been seeing its killing EVERY world out there....not just Gaia....everything...thus far nothing or no one has been able to stop it...me...I'm just trying to have a few laughs before the lights go out". His eyes wandered back towards the kitchen, there was a look of disgust in his eyes....clearly it wasn't the smell but rather what the smell represented to him.

" Yeah, there are ways out of here...I can help you get out...but you've gotta do something for me when you get outside.....Theres a couple of people like you.....they carry that....thing....I want you to kill them....I'm not sure if it'll do anything for this world but...having them walk around like that...it sure isn't giving your world any more time now is it?....I want the lights on as long as possible....".
Back to top Go down
Celt Amuruaien

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 10:51 am

Well, Pennywise The Madness Demon certainly did make a good point. The idea of this cell being little more than a pleasant illusion was something that Celt hadn't considered. That would explain why the room seemed to still be in immaculate condition when compared to the rest of the asylum, wouldn't it? Nevertheless, Celt made no effort to comment on that, he had spent who knew how long killing, and fighting everything within reach so there was just a slight chance that he wasn't quite at the top of his game just yet.

He listened in silence as Pennywise spoke, the other demon's thoughts on the remaining worlds actually quite strongly resembling Celt's own thoughts on everything that was left to happen. He knew his fellow demon to be right, that, even if The Blight did not become the end-of-all things then something else would inevitably take that place. And, with Celt already being dead, and also being the origin of The Blight there would be little threat from The Blight, or anything else that might end up playing the same role.

Celt remained silent after Pennywise had said his piece and weighed up his options. Of course, for The Warrior of Shadows such a decision was easy. He got out of this place, got to fight some potentially challenging foes, and got to have some fun before the world became ultimate fucked. What was there not to like about such a deal? He fixed the madness demon with a small smirk and nodded his head lightly.

"Seems like a fair deal. Give me names and I'll see to it that they're dealt with. If it keeps the 'lights' on long enough to get as much fun out of whatever time the worlds have left as is possible, then I'll do it."
He replied calmly, folding his arms over his chest as he spoke. Of course, knowing that there was a major threat to whatever worlds were in existence out there meant that Celt was likely to fight against it. After all, what greater challenge was there than something capable of killing worlds? In his mind's-eye, few foes were more exciting than those with the power to bring entire worlds to their knees.

-[Word Count: 373]-
-[Thread Total: 2,904]-
Back to top Go down
MAL
Admin
MAL

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 27, 2013 11:12 am

BGM:
A sly grin from the demon as you agreed to his terms, he would stand up and flick you right in the center of the forehead. " List?...you don't need a list...you are a walking list buddy....your very presence causes those with the blight inside them to flip their shit....you'll know who I mean when you get out there....WHEN you meet them...and you will". He would draw you to the back of the room, there lay a door into what seemed to be a utility closet. Pennywise would open the door for you, and inside was far beyond the vaccum cleaner and polish.

The door seemed to lead into a dark dank corridor, one flickering light bulb gave off what little light there was to give. " This would be the stitched on section.....keep heading forward through that corridor and you'll get to the library...from there...you can find a door to pretty much anywhere on your world....just...be careful. The library holds your memories. Your thoughts. Your feelings.....Some books just aren't supposed to be read". He would push you inside and close the door, the click of a lock would indicate you were now trapped for good or worse, you'd need to follow his instructions.

Active Event: The Library

The library is a place unlike any other, a bubble dimension that houses the thoughts and memories of the person who walks its corridors. Celt must find the door leading out, but not before confronting his memories and the temptation to read into his future.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-   An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]- I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Oath, in the Ruins of my Old Home -[Closed]-
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
End of the Road :: The South :: Spira Region-
Jump to: